APSC Inspector of Statistics Recruitment 2021- 45 Post, Eligibility, Salary, Exam Date, Admit Card and Full Notification. Assam Public Service Commission invites application from Indian Citizens for 45 posts of Inspector of Statistics in the Directorate of Economics & Statistics under Transformation and Development Department.
Notification Summary APSC Inspector of Statistics Recruitment
|Name of the Post||Inspector of Statistics|
|Number of Posts||45|
|Recruiting for||Directorate of Economics & Statistics under |
Transformation and Development Department
|Online application start date||16-01-2021|
|Last Date for Application||17-02-2021|
|Last Date for submission of fees||17-02-2021|
|Place of Examination||Guwahati (Assam)|
For more Assam Public Service Commission Recruitment Notifications, CLICK HERE.
Vacancy Details Total 45 Post of APSC Inspector of Statistics Recruitment
|Catagory||Number of Posts|
|Open Catagory||Total 19 (RFW-6)|
|OBC/MOBC||Total 12 (RFW-4)|
|SC||Total 03 (RFW-1)|
|STP||Total 05 (RFW-1)|
|STH||Total 02 (RFW-0)|
|EWS||Total 04 (RFW-1)|
|Grand Total||Total 45 (RFW-13)|
|PWBD &Type of Disability||1 (OH)|
- Persons with benchmark disability candidates with less than 40% disability will not be considered for any relaxation.
Salary APSC Inspector of Statistics Recruitment
The salary for the post of Inspector of Statistics is as as follows:
|Pay scale||Grade Pay||Pay Band||Allowances|
|Rs. 22,000/- to 97,000/-||Rs.9,700/-||P.B. -3||other allowances as admissible as per rules from time to time.|
Eligibility Criteria for APSC Inspector of Statistics Recruitment
- The candidate must be a permanent resident of Assam.
- The candidate must upload valid PRC issued in Assam for educational purpose as a proof of residency while applying online.
- The candidate must upload valid registration certificate of Employment Exchange in Assam while applying online.
Educational Qualifications: APSC Inspector of Statistics Recruitment
- At least second class Master Degree in Economics, Statistics or Mathematics from a recognized University or its equivalent.
- Applicants must upload the certificate of the Master Degree as proof of educational qualification.
All applicants must fulfil the essential requirements of the post of APSC Inspector of Statistics and other conditions stipulated in this advertisement by the closing date. Candidates are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at least the essential qualifications laid down for this post.
For these 45 posts of APSC Inspector of Statistics opening, the candidates should not be less than 21 years of age and not more than 38 years of age as on 01-01-2021. The upper age limit is relaxable as per the table below:-
|SC/ST||5 Years||i.e. up to 43 years.|
|OBC/MOBC||3 Years||i.e. up to 41 years as per Govt. Notification No. ABP. 6/2016/9 dated Dispur the 25th April 2018.|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||10 Years||irrespective of SC/ST/OBC and General Category of candidates as per Govt. Notification No. ABP 144/95/121 dated Dispur the 28th October 2015.|
- The upper age limit in respect of candidates who have been serving in the lower posts or cadre in the service and in the Assam Economic and Statistical I (Junior) Service for a minimum period of 5years on the date of application shall be 40 years on 01/01/2021
- The age limit of the candidates will be calculated on the basis of the Matriculation /HSLC Admit Card or Pass Certificate issued by a recognized Board/Council and no other document shall be accepted in lieu of the mentioned documents.
|Catagory||Application Fees||Processing Fees + GST||Total amount to be paid|
|BPL||Nil (Candidate having BPL certificate should produce their photocopy of certificate along with the Application Form).||35.40||35.40|
|PWD||Nil. (PWD candidates should enclose with the application from photocopy of necessary certificate from a competent authority.)||35.40||35.40|
- Applications without the prescribed fee would not be considered and summarily rejected and no representation against such rejection would be entertained.
- BPL certificate for claiming application fee relaxation must be uploaded by BPL Candidates.
- Fee once paid is non-refundable and cannot be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
EWS candidates must upload Income & Assets certificate of the family issued by the officer, not below the rank of Circle Officer. Candidates may download the specimen copy of EWS Certificate here.
SC/ST/OBC Candidates claiming reservation in SC, ST or OBC category, they must upload a certificate, obtained within the closing date of the online application, in support of his/her claim from a competent authority of the State of Assam.
How to Apply
- Applicants are required to apply online through APSC’s recruitment website. No other means/ mode of application will be accepted.
- Applicants who have not registered yet, in Online Recruitment Portal of APSC are first required to go to the APSC’s recruitment website https://apscrecruitment.in and register themselves by clicking on the ‘Register Here’ link.
- CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO REGISTER WITH VALID AND ACTIVE E-MAIL ADDRESS IN THE ONLINE APPLICATION, AS ALL CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE MADE THROUGH E-MAIL BY THE COMMISSION. INTERVIEW SCHEDULE AND REQUIREMENTS WITH REGARD TO COPIES OF CERTIFICATES TO BE SUBMITTED IN RESPECT OF CLAIMS MADE IN THE ONLINE APPLICATION, WILL BE INTIMATED TO THE CANDIDATES THROUGH THE WEBSITE OF THE COMMISSION IN DUE COURSE OF TIME.
- After creating an account, applicants need to log in with the credentials.
- After login, the applicant will be able to see the live advertisements of APSC in ‘Apply Section’.
- The applicants are advised to read the eligibility criteria and other relevant details carefully before applying for the advertisement. Mandatory fields in the online form are marked with * (asterisk) sign.
- The applicant can click on ‘Apply’ to fill up the application form.
- Candidates must submit the details of documents like Certificate No., Issue date, Issuing authority and upload the documents/certificates (whenever asked for) in support of the claims made by them in the Application Form like Date of Birth, Experience, Qualification(s) etc. or any other information, in pdf/jpeg file in such a way that the file size does not exceed 200 KB and is legible when a printout is taken. For that purpose, the applicant may scan the documents/certificates in 200 dpi greyscale.
- Document details submitted in the online application form will be verified at the time of Personal Viva-Voce Interview.
- An applicant is required to upload the scanned images of his/her recent photograph and signature in JPG/JPEG format.
- Size of the photograph (passport size) (Max size–200 KB)
- Size of the signature (Max size–200 KB)
- Applicant should carefully fill all the information as asked in the application form and click on the declarations checkbox to enable the ‘Preview’ button before final submission.
- Applicants must ensure all relevant fields in the application are filled in correctly before final submission since editing/cancellation after final submission will not be allowed.
- After reviewing the details filled in by the applicant he/she can either click ‘Submit’ for final submission or click ‘Cancel’ button for necessary corrections before final submission of the Application Form.
- On completion of the form submission, the applicant has to pay application fee along with processing fee as applicable.
- Application fee once paid by the applicant will not be refunded.
- In case of failure of the payment, the applicant should click on the button ‘Validate Payment’ to verify the payment from the bank. In instances of double debit i.e. amount debited twice for the same transaction, the bank will automatically refund the fee to the applicant within 5-7 working days.
- On successful completion of your complete application, an auto-generated email message will be sent on your registered email-id.
- The applicants are advised to submit only single Online Recruitment Application for the post; however, if somehow, if he/she submits multiple Online Recruitment Applications for the post, then only the Online Recruitment Application with higher “Application Number” shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one “Application Number” shall not be adjusted against any other “Application Number”.
- After submitting the Online Application, the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application and retain the hardcopy of the Online Application Form.
Documents/Certificates to be produced at the time of the interview
The hardcopy of the online application and the following Original Documents/Certificates along with Self-attested copies and other items specified in the Intimation Letter/Admit Card for interview are to be produced at the time of the interview:-
- Age Proof: Matriculation/10th Standard/HSLC Admit Card/Pass Certificate issued by Central/State Board
- Certificates & Mark sheets of all examinations from HSLC onwards up to the level of the qualifying examination.
- Educational qualification: Degree/Diploma certificate along with mark-sheets pertaining to all the academic years. In the absence of Degree/Diploma certificate, provisional certificate along with mark sheets pertaining to all the academic years will be accepted.
- Experience certificates, whenever specifically mentioned in the Advertisement
- Caste certificate in Assam Govt. format by candidate seeking reservation as SC/ST/OBC/MOBC, from the competent authority
- BPL certificate/EWS certificate in Assam Govt. Format (wherever necessary)
- Physically Handicapped certificate issued by the competent authority to Physically Handicapped persons eligible for appointment to the post.
- Persons already in Regular Government service are required to submit a declaration that they have informed in writing to their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the post.
- Declaration Form-A, related to the Assam Public Services (Application of Small Family norms in Direct Recruitment) Rules, 2019. Download it here
- Documentary support for any other claim(s) made.
POINTS TO NOTE :
- The candidates before applying for the post(s)/service(s) should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions. Their admission at all the stages of selection in which they are admitted by the Commission will be purely provisional and under scrutiny, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time or any stage before or after the Screening Examination or/Written Examination and Interview Test, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions; their candidature for the post(s)/service(s) will be cancelled by the Commission.
- It is for the candidates themselves to see whether they satisfy the prescribed physical requirement (physical standard) and whether he/she is eligible to apply where Examination of physical standard is conducted by the State Govt. before making an appointment.
- No request for withdrawal of candidature received from a candidate after he/she has submitted his/her application will be entertained under any circumstances.
- At any stage of the selection process,no candidate shall be allowed to change his/her category (of caste etc)/sub-category/sub-categories as claimed by him/her in the original application form/online application form submitted to the Commission.
- The candidates who furnish wrong, erroneous or incorrect information in their application form may be disqualified from appearing for any post before the Commission up to a period to be specified by the Commission.
- In case of detection of any false declaration/statement made by any applicant, his/her application will be rejected and will also be penalized as per prevailing Rules/Law. If in any case, submission of false material facts with a view to hoodwinking the Commission is detected even after the recommendation is made, the Commission may refer the matter to Government for taking necessary action.
Selection Method for APSC Inspector of Statistics Recruitment
The method of selection for the APSC Inspector of Statistics Recruitment would be as follows:
1. SCREENING TEST ( If required, to be decided by the commission)
2. WRITTEN EXAMINATION and
The commission may decide to conduct a screening test to shortlist the number of candidates in case of a huge number of applicants. The shortlisted candidates will be called for the written examination.
The written examination would be of three papers of 100 marks each as mentioned below.
|Paper-I||English (Essay, Comprehension, Precis and Drafting)||B.A Standard||100||3 Hrs|
|Paper-II||General Knowledge||Degree Standard||100||3 Hrs|
|Paper-III||One Paper in Economics or Statistics or Mathematics.||-Do-||100||3 Hrs|
The Viva-Voce: The selected candidates of the written exam would be called for the Viva-voce. The Viva-voce would carry 37 Marks.
Important Links for APSC Inspector of Statistics Recruitment
|Online Recruitment Portal||CLICK HERE|
|Original Advertisement||CLICK HERE|
|Fee Payment Online Portal||CLICK HERE|
Helpline for Online Payment
|Telephone Number||1800-212-11-88-66||(From 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM on all working days)|
|GRAS Helpdesk||https://assamegras.gov.in/helpdesk/||Click ‘Submit a ticket’ >> Click ‘Payment Related’|
Fill-in your payment related details. Click ‘Submit ticket’
Helpline for any other issue
|Telephone Number||1800-572-23-43||(From 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM on all working days)|
Explore similar Jobs!
Explore the latest Jobs!