APSC Junior Engineer 2020 (Civil) under Water Resources Department- 87 Posts, Eligibility, Salary, Exam Date, Admit Card and Full Notification. Assam Public Service Commission invites application from Indian Citizens for 87 posts under Water Resources Department, Government of Assam in the scale of pay as indicated below and carrying usual allowances as admissible under Rules of the Govt. of Assam.
APSC Junior Engineer 2020 (Civil) under Water Resources Department – Full Notification
Notification no. and Important Dates
|Name of the Post||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|Recruiting for||Water Resources Department|
|Starting date of Online Application||17-12-2020|
|Last Date for Online application||18-01-2021|
|Last Date for Payment of Application Fees||19-01-2021|
For more Assam Public Service Commission Recruitment Notifications, CLICK HERE.
Vacancy Details Total: 87 Posts APSC Junior Engineer (Civil) under Water Resources Department
Salary APSC Junior Engineer (Civil) under Water Resources Department
Pay scale + Grade Pay + Other allowances as admissible to the Assam State Government employees from time to time (per month).
|Pay scale||Grade Pay||Pay band|
|Rs. 14,000/- to 60,500/-||Rs. 8,700/-||PB- 2|
|Catagory||Application Fees||Processing Fees + GST||Total amount to be paid|
|BPL||Nil (Candidate having BPL certificate should produce their photocopy of certificate along with the Application Form).||35.40||35.40|
|PWD||Nil. (PWD candidates should enclose with the application from photocopy of necessary certificate from a competent authority.)||35.40||35.40|
|Payment Mode:||Through Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking.|
- Applications without the prescribed fee would not be considered and summarily rejected. No representation against such rejection would be entertained.
- Fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fees be held in reserve for any other examination or selection
- LAST DATE FOR PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEES : 19-01-2021
Eligibility Criteria: APSC Junior Engineer (Civil) under Water Resources Department
(i) The candidate must be a permanent resident of Assam.
(ii) For proof of permanent residence, the candidate or his/her parents must be a voter of Assam. The voter ID card of the candidate or his/her parents will be treated as proof of permanent residence.(Please Attach self-attested valid supporting documents. )
Educational Qualification: APSC Junior Engineer (Civil) under Water Resources Department
(i) A candidate must have passed 3(three) years Diploma Course in Civil Engineering from an Institute recognized by the Govt.
(Please Attach self-attested valid supporting documents.)
For these 87 posts of APSC Junior Engineer openings, the candidates should not be less than 18 years of age and not more than 38 years of age as on 01/01/2020.
The upper age limit is relaxable as per table below:-
|SC/ST||5 Years||i.e. up to 43 years.|
|OBC/MOBC||3 Years||i.e. up to 41 years as per Govt. Notification No. ABP. 6/2016/9 dated Dispur the 25th April 2018.|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||10 Years||irrespective of SC/ST/OBC and General Category of candidates as per Govt. Notification No. ABP 144/95/121 dated Dispur the 28th October 2015.|
The age limit of the candidates will be calculated on the basis of the Matriculation /HSLC Admit Card or Pass Certificate issued by a recognized Board/Council and no other document shall be accepted in lieu of the mentioned documents.
Instructions for PWD Category Candidates
Since there is no post reserved for PWD candidates they will have to compete with other candidates without any PWD reservation.
Instructions for EWS Category Candidates
EWS candidates must produce Income & Assets certificate of the family issued by the officer, not below the rank of Circle Officer as per provision of Para 5 of Govt. OM No.ABP.07/2019/4, dated 10-04-2019. Kindly, refer to the Govt. OM No.ABP.07/2019/16 dated 31-12-2019. To download the specimen copy of EWS Certificate on www.apsc.nic.in click HERE.
Instructions for Persons with Benchmark Disability
Physically Handicapped (PH) Persons or Persons with disabilities, as indicated against various item(s) in the VACANCY DETAILS, can apply to the respective posts even if the post is not reserved for them but has been identified as Suitable. However, such candidates will be considered for selection to such post by general standard of merit. Persons suffering from not less than 40% of relevant disability shall alone be eligible for the benefit of reservation and other relaxations as permissible under the rules. Thus, Physically Handicapped (PH) persons can avail benefit:
- Reservation and other concessions and relaxation as permissible under the rules only when degree of physical disability. Is 40% or more and the posts are reserved for PH candidates.
- Other Concessions and Relaxations as permissible under the rules only when degree of physical disability is 40% or more and the posts are suitable for PH candidates.
Important: The candidates applying for the Post should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for recruitment to the Post. If on verification at any time before or after the Interview, it is found that they do not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions; their candidature for the Post will be cancelled by the Commission.
How to Apply
- Applicants are required to apply online through APSC’s recruitment website. No other means/ mode of application will be accepted and the Application will be summarily rejected.
- Applicants who have not registered yet, in Online Recruitment Portal of APSC are first required to go to the APSC’s recruitment website https://apscrecruitment.in and register themselves by clicking on “Register Here” link.
- CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO REGISTER WITH VALID AND ACTIVE E-MAIL ADDRESS IN THE ONLINE APPLICATION, AS ALL CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE MADE THROUGH E-MAIL BY THE COMMISSION. INTERVIEW SCHEDULE AND REQUIREMENTS WITH REGARD TO COPIES OF CERTIFICATES TO BE SUBMITTED IN RESPECT OF CLAIMS MADE IN THE ONLINE APPLICATION, WILL BE INTIMATED TO THE CANDIDATES THROUGH THE WEBSITE OF THE COMMISSION IN DUE COURSE OF TIME.
- After creating an account, applicants need to log in with the credentials.
- After login, the applicant will be able to see the live advertisements of APSC in ‘ Apply Section’.
- The applicants are advised to read the eligibility criteria and other relevant details carefully before applying for the advertisement. Mandatory fields in the online form are marked with * (asterisk) sign.
- Online Application Form is available in English and Assamese Language but it can only be filled in the English Language. The applicant can click on ‘Apply’ to fill up the application form.
- Candidates must submit the details of documents like Certificate No., Issue date, Issuing authority and upload the documents/certificates (whenever asked for) in support of the claims made by them in the Application Form like Date of Birth, Experience, Qualification(s) etc. or any other information, in pdf/jpeg file in such a way that the file size does not exceed 200 KB and is legible when a printout is taken. For that purpose, the applicant may scan the documents/certificates in 200 dpi greyscale.
- Document details submitted in the online application form will be verified at the time of Personal Viva-Voce Interview.
- An applicant is required to upload the scanned images of his/her recent photograph and signature in JPG/JPEG format.
- Size of the photograph (passport size) (Min size-20 KB & Max size–200 KB)
- Size of the signature (Min size-15 KB & Max size–200 KB)
- Applicant should carefully fill all the information as asked in the application form and click on the declarations checkbox to enable the ‘Preview’ button before final submission.
- Applicants must ensure all relevant fields in the application are filled in correctly before final submission since editing/cancellation after final submission will not be allowed.
- After previewing the details filled in by the applicant he/she can either click ‘Submit’ for final submission or click ‘Cancel’ button for necessary corrections before final submission of the Application Form.
- On completion of the form, submission applicant has to pay application fee along with processing fee as applicable.
- Application fee once paid by the applicant will not be refunded.
- In case of failure of the payment, the applicant should click on the button ‘Validate Payment’ to verify the payment from bank. In instances of double debit i.e. amount debited twice for the same transaction, the bank will automatically refund the fee to the applicant within 5-7 working days.
- On successful completion of your complete application, an auto-generated email message will be sent on your registered email-id.
- Applicant’s application will not be considered if the fee is not paid for that application.
- The applicant may also fill their online form through Common Service Centers. Applicants without debit card/Internet banking may visit nearest CSCs.
- Candidates with less than 40% disability will not be considered for any relaxation which is applicable to Persons with benchmark disability candidates.
- The applicants are advised to submit only single Online Recruitment Application for each post; however, if somehow, if he/she submits multiple Online Recruitment Applications for one post, then he/she must ensure that Online Recruitment Application with the higher “Application Number” is complete in all respects including fee. The applicants, who submit multiple Online Recruitment Applications, should note that only the Online Recruitment Application with higher “Application Number” shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one “Application Number” shall not be adjusted against any other “Application Number”.
- Candidates who wish to apply for more than one post should apply separately for each post and pay the fee for each post in the prescribed manner.
- After submitting the Online Application, the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application and retain the hardcopy of the Online Application Form.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Recruitment Application well in advance without waiting for the closing date.
Selection Procedure for APSC Junior Engineer (Civil) under Water Resources Department
The selection procedure for the posts will be notified by APSC later on by issuing corrigendum/addendum if required. The commission will decide the provision for selection in respect of any post/posts or service/ services considering the status, cadre and grade or the number of applications received for the advertised post/posts or service/ services.
The Commission will also decide to conduct examination/test etc. zone wise, depending upon the numbers of candidates against the districts shown below:
|Sl NO||Name of Zones||Districts covered under the Zones|
|1||Silchar||Hailakandi, Karimganj, Cachar|
|2||Jorhat||Golaghat, Dibrugarh, Jorhat, Majuli, Charaideo, Sivasagar&Tinsukia|
|3||Nagaon||DimaHasao, Hojai, Nagaon, Morigaon, KarbiAnglong& West KarbiAnglong|
|4||Tezpur||Biswanath, Dhemaji, Lakhimpur, Sonitpur, Udalguri|
|5||Kokrajhar||Bongaigaon, Chirang, Dhubri, Goalpara, Kokrajhar, South Salmara|
|6||Guwahati||Barpeta, Baksa, Kamrup, Kamrup (Metro), Nalbari and Darrang|
Please Note: The Commission at its discretion may reduce or increase the number of zones depending upon the number of candidates.
Documents/Certificates to be produced at the time of Interview for APSC Junior Engineer (Civil) Recruitment
It is essential that a hardcopy of the online application Original Documents/Certificates as mentioned below along with Self-attested copies and other items specified in the Intimation Letter/Admit Card for interview are to be produced at the time of interview. Failing to produce documents as mentioned, the candidate would not be allowed to appear in the Interview:-
- Matriculation/10th Standard/HSLC Admit Card/Pass Certificate issued by Central/State Board clearly indicating Date of Birth in support of their claim of age.
- Certificates & Mark sheets of all examinations from HSLC onwards up to the level of the qualifying examination.
- Degree/Diploma certificate along with mark sheets pertaining to all the academic years as proof of educational qualification claimed. In the absence of Degree/Diploma certificate, provisional certificate along with mark sheets pertaining to all the academic years will be accepted.
- Experience certificates, whenever specifically mentioned in the advertisement (The experience column of the online application form should be filled as and when specifically mentioned in the advertisement/online application form)
- Caste certificate in Assam Govt. format by candidate seeking reservation as SC/ST/OBC/MOBC, from the competent authority indicating clearly the candidate’s Caste, the Act/Order under which the Caste is recognized as SC/ST/OBC/MOBC and the village/town the candidate is ordinarily a resident of.
- BPL certificate/EWS certificate in Assam Govt. Format (wherever necessary)
- Physically Handicapped certificate issued by the competent authority to Physically Handicapped persons eligible for appointment to the post on the basis of prescribed standards of Medical Fitness and if the reservation is claimed by the candidate for the post.
- Persons already in Regular Government service, whether in a permanent or temporary capacity other than casual/ad-hoc/daily wages/hourly paid/contract basis are however required to submit a declaration that they have informed in writing to their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the post.
- The candidates will have to submit Declaration Form-A, related to the Assam Public Services (Application of Small Family norms in Direct Recruitment) Rules, 2019 published vide Notification No: ABP.69/2019/17 dated Dispur, the 6th November/2019 which may be downloaded from the official website of APSC www.apsc.nic.in (Forms & Downloads Section)
- Documentary support for any other claim(s) made.
NOTE I: Date of birth mentioned in the Online Recruitment Application is final. No subsequent request for change of date of birth will be considered or granted. No document other than the HSLC or Class X Board Examination Admit Card/Pass Certificate, in which the date of birth is recorded, will be accepted by the Commission for determination of age.
NOTE II: Candidates are warned that they should not furnish any particulars that are false or suppress any material information in filling up the application form. Candidates are also warned that they should in no case correct or alter or otherwise tamper with any entry in a document or its attested/certified copy submitted by them nor should they submit a tampered/fabricated document. If there is any inaccuracy or any discrepancy between two or more such documents or their attested/certified copies, an explanation regarding this discrepancy should be submitted.
Important Links for APSC Junior Engineer (Civil) Recruitment
Helpline for Online Payment
|Telephone Number||1800-212-11-88-66||(From 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM on all working days)|
|GRAS Helpdesk||https://assamegras.gov.in/helpdesk/||Click ‘Submit a ticket’ >> Click ‘Payment Related’|
Fill-in your payment related details. Click ‘Submit ticket’
Helpline for any other issue
|Telephone Number||1800-572-23-43||(From 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM on all working days)|
Explore other similar Jobs!
Explore other latest Jobs!