The Arunachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) is a body created by the Constitution of India as per provisions relating to Public Service Commission, as laid down in Chapter-II of Part-XIV of the Constitution. Arunachal Pradesh PSC is headquartered at Vidhan Vihar, Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh- 791111. The Arunachal Pradesh PSC came into existence on 4th April’ 1988.
APPSC Jobs: The Arunachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) selects suitable candidates for various Arunachal Pradesh Government departments considering the requisite educational qualifications, skills and experience for the assigned government jobs. Arunachal Pradesh PSC follows a time-bound, scientific, fair and transparent recruitment process.
The Commission consists of a Chairman, three members and a secretary. Governor of Arunachal Pradesh appoints the Chairman and Members of the Commission. A member of the Commission shall hold office for a term of six years from the date on which he enters upon his office or until he attains the age of 62 years whichever is earlier, provided that a Member of the Commission may, by writing under his hand, addressed to the Governor, resign his office earlier.
Check out the latest APPSC Jobs 2020 below:
Latest Arunachal Pradesh Public Service Commission Jobs
Important Links for Arunachal Pradesh PSC Recruitment 2020
|Online Application||CLICK HERE|
|One Time Registration (OTR)||CLICK HERE|
|APPSC Notifications||CLICK HERE|
|APPSC Advertisements||CLICK HERE|
|APPSC Results||CLICK HERE|
|APPSC Previous Question Papers||CLICK HERE|
|APPSC Syllabus||CLICK HERE|
History of the Arunachal Pradesh Public Service Commission
Formerly known as the North-East Frontier Agency (NEFA), Arunachal Pradesh was a part of Assam until it was made a Union Territory in 1972. It became a state of the Indian Union in the year 1987 and the Arunachal Pradesh Public Service Commission was established on 4th April’ 1988 under Article 315 of the Indian Constitution.
Functions of Arunachal Pradesh Public Service Commission
As per the Constitutional provisions, the Government of Arunachal Pradesh consults the APPSC In all matters relating to the recruitment of civil services and other posts of the Government. The Arunachal Pradesh Public Service Commission must be consulted:
- On all matters relating to methods of recruitment to civil posts.
- On the principles to be followed in making appointment, promotions and transfers and the suitability of candidates.
- On disciplinary matters affecting a person in service under the Central or State Govt.
- On any claim by such a person for the costs incurred in defending legal proceedings instituted against him in respect of acts done or purporting to be done in the execution of his duty.
- On any claim for compensation in respect of injuries sustained by a person while serving the Govt.
In all the above matters, it shall be the duty of the Commission to advice only. However, regulations specifying any particular circumstances wherein the Commission may not be consulted are made by the Governor of the state. The functions of APPSC are only advisory and the constitution has no provision to make it obligatory upon the Govt. to act, upon the advice of the Commission in any case.
As per Art.320(4) of the Constitution, the Commission need not be consulted as regards the reservation of posts for Backward Classes, Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes. Except to the extent specified in the Arunachal Pradesh PSC (Limitation of Functions) Regulations. 1988 as amended from time to time, consultation with the Commission on the above matters is obligatory
Arunachal Pradesh PSC: Instructions for One Time Registration (OTR)
Before applying for any job advertised by the APPSC, aspiring candidates should make sure that he/she has registered in the online portal of the APPSC. This registration process is a one time process. Once registered, the candidate may apply for multiple jobs with the registration details/credentials.
Please note that the One Time Registration (OTR) is not an application for any post. During the OTR information about the applicant is collected and a separate dashboard is offered to each applicant to facilitate them to maintain their own profile.
Please keep the following scanned documents before you start your One Time Registration process:
- Your recent Colour Photograph ( File size: Minimum: 40 Kb and Maximum: 100 Kb, in jpg/jpeg format only)
- All the required documents/testimonials: ( File size: Minimum: 100 Kb and Maximum: 300 Kb)
- Signature of the candidate with black ink on a white background: ( File size: Minimum: 20 Kb and Maximum: 50 Kb.)
- Applicant must furnish their correct information and personal data like Name, DOB, Address etc. and academic details like Class-X,XII, Graduation,Post Graduation etc. Fields with *(star mark) are mandatory.
- A valid e-mail ID and mobile number are mandatory for One Time Registration (OTR).
- APPSC will send all communications and messages only through the registered e-mail ID and mobile number.
- The candidates will have to create their own password in One Time Registration (OTR).
- The candidates can modify certain fields till the specified date for applying online for any post.
- The candidate who wishes to apply online for any post advertised by the APPSC should use the same password given in the One Time Registration (OTR).
- User ID will be the registered mobile number & Email id.
- No payment of fee is required for One Time Registration (OTR).
- After submitting all the detail information successfully in the One Time Registration (OTR) a message will be sent to your registered e-mail ID and mobile number.
CLICK HERE to register.
Once the registration process is over, the candidate may login to his/her profile to apply for a job.
Arunachal Pradesh PSC Jobs: Instructions for Online Application
- Candidates should apply only for any post advertised by the APPSC through the website www.appsc.gov.in.
- Applicant who wishes to apply online for any post shall click “ Apply online” against the post notified in the Commission’s Website.
- Applicant must login with the same user ID and PASSWORD created by themselves during the process of One Time Registration (OTR).
- When the applicant login, the applicant Dashboard will be displayed.
- There are two sections: Previously applied post and Post details.
- To apply Online Application, Click against the post notified under the post details section.
- If only One Time Registration (OTR) has been completed by the applicant successfully, a button “Apply Now” will be displayed.
- Click “Apply Now” button to apply Online Application.
- The detail information of the applicant will be auto retrieved in the Online Application Form if the applicant has registered themselves first in OTR.
- Click “Save & Next” button to “Submit” and proceed for Payment section. Applicants should carefully fill in the details in the Online Application Form at the appropriate places. Before pressing the “Submit” button, applicants are advised to verify every particular field in the application. The name of the applicant or name of his /her father/mother, husband etc., should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may lead to disqualification of the candidature.
- Every applicant should have his e-mail ID and Password. No applicant should share his/her e-mail ID, Password, with any other person. In case an applicant does not have a valid personal e-mail ID he/she should create a new e-mail ID before applying Online Application and must maintain the email account live.
- After submitting all the details in the Online Application Form candidate will have to choose on any one of the following modes for payment of fee:
- Net Banking
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- After submitting the payment information in Online Application Form wait for the intimation from the server. Meanwhile, DO NOT press “BACK” or “REFRESH” to avoid payment failure or double Payment.
- Take a print out of the completed application for future reference.
- Online Application will be considered as completed, only if the fee payment is made.
- APPSC does not assume any responsibility for the applicant not being able to submit their Online Application within the last date of submission for any reason.
How to contact APPSC?
The following numbers may be contacted for technical assistance during online application process or general inquiry.
|Technical Support Helpline||+913602231457, +919777555017 (During office hours)|
How to apply for the APPSC selection to a post?
Candidates can apply online for the selection to a particular post when the selection is notified by the Arunachal Pradesh PSC in the Web Site, News Papers etc. The applicant’s candidature in the said selection will be considered valid only if he/she satisfies all the eligibility criteria specified for the selection as well as the modalities for applying for the said selection.
When does the APPSC notify a selection?
The Commission notifies the selection to a post after receiving requisition for the same from respective Appointing Authority.
What are the age limits prescribed for Pradesh PSC Jobs?
The lower and upper age limits for a particular post are given in detail under the selection/Notification for that post.
What are the age limits relaxations for Pradesh PSC Jobs?
Normally, the age limit relaxation is 5 years to ST Candidates of Arunachal Pradesh domicile and 3 years to OBC Candidates.
Which is the date based on which the age of an applicant is calculated?
The date based on which the age of an applicant is calculated for a selection is as per the date mentioned in the notification published by the Commission. If the applicant is found under aged/over age as on the date aforesaid he/she will be ineligible for the selection.
If an applicant acquired the Qualifications prescribed subsequent to the last date of receipt of the application, will his/her application be admitted for the said selection?
No, the applicant shall acquire all the prescribed educational qualification for the post before the last date fixed in the notification for the receipt of the application prescribed.
How many years will a Ranked List published by the Commission be valid?
The Ranked Lists published by the Arunachal Pradesh PSC remain in force for a period of one year from the date on which it was brought into force provided that the said list will continue to be in force till the publication of a new list after the expiry of the minimum period of one year or till the expiry of 3 years whichever is earlier.
What percentage of Reservation given to APST Candidates?
80% of the seats are reserved for APST Candidates and 20% is for open competition.
Which are the documents to be attached with the application?
Documents supporting age(Class X), Class XII, Diploma, Graduation, Post Graduation etc. and documents supporting APST, Domecile, Photographs, Signature has to be uploaded in One Time Registration (OTR) and Online application System (OARS).