The Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) is a body created by the Constitution of India as per provisions relating to Public Service Commission, as laid down in Chapter-II of Part-XIV of the Constitution. The BPSC is headquartered at 15, J. N. Marg, Baily Road, Patna-800001, Bihar. The BPSC came into existence on 1st April 1949.
BPSC Jobs: All BPSC Recruitment Notifications, Eligibility, Selection Process, Educational Qualification, Full Notification, Examination Schedules, Syllabus, Results, important links for downloading Admit Card are available here. The Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) selects suitable candidates for various Bihar Government departments considering the requisite educational qualifications, skills and experience for the assigned government jobs. The commission follows a time-bound scientific and transparent recruitment process.
Check out the latest BPSC Jobs 2020 below:
Latest Bihar Public Service Commission Jobs
Important Links for BPSC Recruitment 2020
|Recruitment Advertisements and Updates||CLICK HERE|
|Online Application||CLICK HERE|
|Mark Sheets||CLICK HERE|
BPSC Exam Calendar 2020-21
History of Bihar Public Service Commission
A committee under the chairmanship of Lord Macaulay in the year 1854 gave shape to the concept of conduction competitive examinations in India. The committee recommended for appointments to certain posts to be selected through competitive examination. The Federal Public Service Commission and the State Public Service Commissions were constituted under the Government of India Act, 1935.
The Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) is a Constitutional Body under Article 315 of the Constitution of India promulgated on 26th January 1950. The BPSC was established on 1st April 1949 in accordance with sub-section (1) of section 261 of the Government of India Act, 1935 after its separation from the commission for the states of Orissa and Madhya Pradesh.
The Bihar Public Service Commission initially began its functioning with its headquarters at Ranchi. The BPSC headquarters was shifted from Ranchi to Patna on 1st March 1951.
The Bihar Government framed the Bihar Public Service Commission (Conditions of Service) Regulations, 1960 in the exercise of the powers conferred by Article 318 of the Constitution of India. Under Rule 3 of the Regulations, the Commission was constituted with a Chairman and 10 (ten) other members. Shri Rajandhari Sinha was the first Chairman of the Bihar Public Service Commission. The first Secretary to the Commission was Shri Radha Krishna Choudhary. Subsequent to the bifurcation of the State of Bihar and the State of Jharkhand the strength of members was reduced to 6 (six).
Functions of Bihar Public Service Commission
The functions of the Bihar Public Service Commission are governed by Article 320 and 321 of the Constitution of India. Following are the functions executed by the Bihar Public Service Commissions:
- Recruitment to various Bihar Government posts by the conduct of Competitive Examinations and interviews.
- Advising the State Government on the suitability of officers on appointment on promotion as well as transfer from one service to the other.
- Advising the State Government on the matters related to recruitment to various services and posts, framing and amendment of Recruitment Rules.
- Advising the State Government in all disciplinary cases relating to different civil services.
- Advising the State Government in the matter of grant of extraordinary pension, reimbursement of legal expenses, etc.
- Advising the State Government on any matter referred to the Commission by the Governor of Bihar.
BPSC Jobs: BPSC Recruitment Process
The recruitment by Bihar Public Service Commission is made by two methods
Direct Recruitment: Competitive examinations are conducted for Direct recruitment on the basis of either of the following procedures.
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination for successful candidates of the Preliminary Examination
- Interview of successful candidates of the main examination.
Promotion: Promotion is granted to civil servants through the Departmental Promotion Committee (under the chairmanship of the Commission) constituted for the same and in accordance with the rules framed by the State Government.
BPSC Jobs: How to contact BPSC
|IT (Online) Section:||92977-39013|
BPSC Jobs: How to download Admit Card
Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) releases the respective admit card (hall ticket) on its official website prior to any examination conducted for selection of candidates for any Bihar Government Job. Without this Admit Card, candidates are not allowed to appear for the written tests. The notice regarding the Admit Card is updated on the official website of BPSC. The following are the steps to download the Admit Card for an examination conducted by BPSC.
- Step 1: Log on to https://onlinebpsc.bihar.gov.in/main/home
- Step 2: Login using your Username and Password created during the registration in the website.
- Step 3: Click on “Admit Card” tab and download your Admit Card.
- Step 4: Take a printout on a Letter Size Paper
The BPSC Admit Card contains two pages. The first page displays all the exam-specific details, date and candidates’ information while the second page has important information for candidates. Go through the instructions carefully. You can check the official notification by clicking HERE or clicking on the link as shown below on the official website.