Cochin Shipyard Sheet Metal Worker Recruitment 2020 – 88 Posts, Eligibility, Salary, Exam Date, Admit Card and Full Notification. Cochin Shipyard Limited, a listed premier Mini Ratna Company of Government of India invites Online applications to the post of Sheet Metal Worker for appointment on a contract basis.
All relevant details of the posts such as the number of posts, Eligibility criteria, salary, last date of the online application, examination date, age criteria along with important dates and links for original notification and other resources are available below.
Full Notification – Cochin Shipyard Sheet Metal Worker Recruitment 2020
|Name of the Posts||Sheet Metal Worker|
|Recruiting Agency||Cochin Shipyard Limited|
|No. of vacancy||88|
|Notification No.||P&A/2(230)/16-Vol VII|
|Application Start Date||24-09-2020|
|Last Date of application||10-10-2020|
Vacancy Details Total: 88 Posts
Sheet Metal Worker under FABRICATION ASSISTANTS ON CONTRACT
Total No. of Posts earmarked for PwBD: 7
Eligibility: Cochin Shipyard Sheet Metal Worker Recruitment 2020
Pass in SSLC and ITI with NTC (National Trade Certificate) in the trade of Sheet Metal Worker or Fitter.+ Experience of Minimum of three years post qualification experience / training in fabrication, i.e. cutting, fit up and welding process.
This is a temporary in nature and the contract period is for a maximum period of three years subject to project requirements and performance.
|Contract Period||Consolidated pay per month||Compensation for extra hours of Work|
- The upper age limit prescribed for the post shall be 30 years as on 10 Oct 2020.
- The upper age limit is relaxable by
- 3 years for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates and
- 5 years for SC/ST candidates in posts reserved for them.
- The upper age limit shall be relaxable for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) & Ex-servicemen as per Government of India guidelines subject to a maximum age of 45 years.
Selection Process: Cochin Shipyard Sheet Metal Worker Recruitment 2020
- The method of selection shall include Phase I consisting of an Objective type online test and Phase II consisting of Practical Test. Accordingly, weightages are assigned to the following parameters for final selection:
- ITI (NTC) Marks : 20 %
- Objective type online test : 30 %
- Practical Test : 50 % (Based on grades obtained in the test)
- Rank lists for the respective posts shall be prepared based on the total marks secured by the candidates in the above parameters. In case, the same aggregate marks are secured by more than one candidate, marks scored in the Practical Test shall be the basis of determining the order of the rank list. In case of a tie thereafter, relative merit shall be decided based on marks scored in the Objective type online test and thereafter based on marks scored in the ITI –NTC exam.
- In case of a tie thereafter, relative merit shall be decided based on seniority in age.
- The Phase I Objective type Online test shall be of 35 minutes duration comprising of 30 Multiple Choice Questions and consists of two parts General (Part A) (10 Marks) and Trade related (Part B) (20 Marks). Each question carries one mark. There shall be no negative marks.
- CSL reserves the right to stipulate a minimum cut off mark for Objective type online test and the candidates shall be shortlisted for the certificate verification based on the cut-off marks fixed for various posts. In case, same marks secured by more than one candidate in the online test, all those candidates shall be called for the certificate verification prior to Phase II Practical Test. Only those candidates who successfully complete the certificate verification shall be allowed to attend the Phase II Practical Test.
- For all posts, CSL reserves the right to fix minimum marks for pass in the tests at its sole discretion.
Physical Requirements for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) for the posts:
|Sl. No||Name of Posts on contract basis||Categories of Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) as per clause 2.2 of DoPT OM No.36035/02/2017-Estt (Res) dated 15.01.2018||Physical Requirements|
|A.1||Fabrication Assistant – Sheet Metal Worker||Categories of PwBD under clauses 2.2 ( b & c)||S, ST, W, PP, L, KC, MF, SE, C|
|Application Fees:||Rs. 300/- (Non-Refundable)|
which can be accessed through our Online application facility from 24 Sep 2020 to 10 Oct 2020. No other mode of payment shall be accepted.
Important Links – Cochin Shipyard Sheet Metal Worker Recruitment 2020
= Form filling tips =
1. Candidates should read the original notification published by (the recruiting agency) before applying. The link of the original notification is provided in the important links section.
2. Only eligible candidates who fulfil all the application criteria regarding Education, Age Limit, Experience and physical specifications if any etc. should apply.
3. Keep scanned/photocopies of all relevant documents ready before starting the online application process.
4. Kindly keep ready scanned document related to the online recruitment form such as Photo, Sign, ID Proof, Etc.
5. Before submitting the application, check carefully all the information shown in the preview.
6. Candidate required to pay application fee should pay the amount as mentioned applicable for his/her category. Please note that the process of application is not complete if the required fees are not deposited.
7. Do not forget to take a print out of the final submitted form for your future reference.
Explore other similar Jobs!
Disclaimer: All data and information relating to various jobs, examination results and marks published in this website are only for the immediate Information only an does not to be a constitute to be a legal document. While all efforts are made to make the all data and information available on this website as authentic and accurate as possible, we are not responsible for any inadvertent error that may have crept in the data or information provided in this website and for any loss to anybody or anything caused by any shortcoming, defect or inaccuracy of the Information on this website.