HPPSC Jobs: The Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC) selects suitable candidates for various Himachal Pradesh Government departments considering the requisite educational qualifications, skills and experience for the assigned government jobs. The commission follows a fair and transparent time-bound scientific recruitment process.
The Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC) is a body created by the Constitution of India as per provisions relating to Public Service Commission, as laid down in Chapter-II of Part-XIV of the Constitution. HPPSC is headquartered at Nigam Vihar, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh. The HPPSC came into existence on 8th April 1971.
Check out the latest HPPSC recruitment 2021 below:
Latest Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission Jobs
Other Himachal Pradesh Jobs
- FCI Recruitment 2021 Category I Various Post – 89 Vacancies. Last Date: 30-03-2021
Important Links for HPPSC Jobs:
|HPPSC Advertisements||CLICK HERE|
|Corrigendum / Addendums to advertisements||CLICK HERE|
|APPLY ONLINE||CLICK HERE|
|Exam / Test Instructions||CLICK HERE|
|Application Status||CLICK HERE|
|Syllabi & Previous Question||CLICK HERE|
|Interview Schedule||CLICK HERE|
|Mock Test||CLICK HERE|
|Forms & Proforma||CLICK HERE|
HPPSC Jobs: HPPSC Recruitment Methods
The Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission carry out the selection process for various HPPSC Jobs as per requisition submitted by Government departments from time to time. The different methods followed by the commission for recruitment for selecting candidates for different category of posts are as under:
Method 1: Recruitment through examination followed by viva-voce:
In this method of recruitment, the candidate first appears written / online examination. The qualified candidates of the written examination are then called for an interview. The final merit list is prepared on the basis of both the written examination and the interview and finally, the candidates are selected on the basis of merit. The following are a few services for which this method of selection if followed are:
- Himachal Pradesh Administrative Services etc. Examination (HPAS)
- Himachal Pradesh Judicial Services (HPJS)
- State Forest Services (HFS)
- Forest Rangers
Method 2: Recruitment through examination without viva-voce:
This method is followed mainly for the Departmental candidates or in-service candidates of the Government. Such an examination is conducted by the commission when a requisition for such posts is received by the HPPSC from different Government Departments of Himachal Pradesh Government. The candidates are selected purely on the basis of merit of written examination and no interview or Viva-Voce is conducted. The Examinations which are conducted by the Commission for various Category of Posts by this method are as under:
- State Accounts Services (O.B.) – S.A.S.-OB
- State Accounts Services (L.A.D.) – S.A.S.-L.A.D.
Method 3: Recruitment through an interview preceded by screening test:
This method of selection is followed whenever there is a large number of applications are received by the commission for some posts. The shortlisting of the candidates is done by conducting a Screening Test. Thereafter, candidates who qualify in the screening test are called for interview and the final selection is done on merit basis only. This method is followed for selecting candidates for the following types of posts:
- College Cadre Lecturers
- Asstt. Engineers (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical) of different departments/ Board
- Asstt. District Attorney (A.D.A.)
- District Public Relation Officer/Asstt. Public Relation Officer (D.P.R.O./A.P.R.O.)
- Medical Officer (General Wing)
- Medical Officer (Dental) etc.
Method 4: Recruitment through an interview without conducting a screening test:
This method of recruitment is followed in the case where the number of candidates is less in comparison to the number of posts available. The candidates are called directly for the interview and are selected on a merit basis. This method of selection is adopted for the following categories of posts:
- Deputy Director Sainik Welfare
- Director Sainik welfare
- Asstt. Professors of different faculties in Medical / Dental Colleges
- Commandant Home Guard
- Any other post(s)
HPPSC Jobs: How to Register and Apply Online
Candidates have to register in the Online portal of the Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission before applying for any job advertised by the HPPSC. The registration is a one-time process. Once registered, a candidate can apply for any number of post for which he/she is eligible.
For one-time registration click on the New Registration button as shown below:
- You need to have a valid E-mail ID and a Mobile number to register in the HPPSC Online Portal. All correspondence made by the HPPSC will be with the E-mail ID and the Mobile number provided at the time of registration.
- Multiple registrations on the website may lead to you being debarred from applying for any job.
- After successful registration, log in to your account and complete your profile and submit.
- After completion of your profile, all advertisements for which you are eligible will be displayed in your dashboard.
HPPSC Jobs: Online Application Helpline Numbers
In case of any difficulty in registration or applying online for a job in the online portal, candidates may contact the following numbers for assistance: