Indian Air Force IAF AFCAT 2 Notification 2021 – 334 vacancies. Check Eligibility, Salary, Exam Date, Admit Card and Notification details. Indian Air Force invites application from Indian Men and Women candidates to join IAF as commissioned officers in Short Service Commission (SSC) in Flying Branch and Permanent Commission (PC) and Short Service Commission (SSC) in Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) Branches. Candidates eligible and interested in applying can read the full notification before applying.
Update 20-08-2021. Admit Card Issued.
Notification Summary Indian Air Force AFCAT 2 Notification
|AFCAT 2 Course commencing||July 2022|
|AFCAT 2 Starting Date of Application||01-06-2021|
|AFCAT 2 Last date for Application||30-06-2021|
|AFCAT 2 Admit Card||Download Admit Card|
|AFCAT 2 Exam date||August 2021|
|Flying||SSC – 96|
|Ground Duty (Technical)||AE(L) : PC – 20, SSC – 78|
AE(M) : PC – 08, SSC – 31
|Ground Duty (Non-Technical)||Admin : PC -10, SSC – 42|
Edn : PC – 04, SSC -17
NCC Special Entry
|Flying||10% seats out of CDSE vacancies for PC and 10% seats out of AFCAT vacancies for SSC|
|Meteorology||Met: PC– 06, SSC– 22|
Eligibility Criteria for AFCAT 2 2021
AFCAT 2 2021 age as on 01-06-2021
- Flying Branch
- 20 to 24 years
- i.e. born between 02 July 1998 to 01 July 2002 (both dates inclusive).
- The upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable up to 26 years i.e. born between 02 July 1996 to 01 July 2002 (both dates inclusive).
- Ground Duty (Technical/ Non-Technical) Branches
- 20 to 26 years i.e. born between 02 July 1996 to 01 July 2002 (both dates inclusive).
- Candidates below 25 years of age must be unmarried at the time of commencement of the course
- Widows/Widowers and divorcees below 25 years are also not eligible
- Married candidates above 25 years are eligible to apply, but during their training period, they are neither provided married accommodation nor can they live with family
|Flying branch||Passed Class 12 with 60 per cent in Maths and Physics + graduation degree in any discipline/BE/BTech/cleared section A and B exam of AMIE or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised University with 60 per cent|
|Ground Duty Technical Branch||Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics)|
Class 12 with 60 % each in Physics and Mathematics and 4 years degree in Engineering/Technology
Or Cleared Sections A and B of AMIE Or Aeronautical Society of India or Graduate membership examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers by actual studies with 60 per cent in disciplines specified by the examination authority.
Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical)
Passed Class 12 with 60 per cent in Physics and Mathematics and degree/integrated post-graduation in Engineering/Technology.
Or Cleared sections A & B examination of AMIE or Aeronautical Society of India by actual studies with minimum 60 per cent or equivalent in certain disciplines specified by IAF.
|Ground Duty (Non-Technical) branches||Administration|
Graduation (minimum 60 %) Or Cleared section A&B examination of AMIE or Aeronautical Society of India with 60 per cent
|Education||MBA/MCA or MA/MSc in English/Physics/Mathematics/Chemistry/ Statistics/ International relations/ International Studies/ Defence Studies/ Psychology/ Computer Science/ IT/ Management/ Mass Communication/ Journalism/ Public Relation with 50 per cent and 60 per cent in graduation.|
Mandatory Medical Standard
- Candidates should be medically and physically fit to be eligible to carry out their duties and responsibilities properly.
- Please check the details of medical standards for various Groups/Trades available on www.airmenselection.cdac.in
- Training commences in the first week of July 2022 at Air Force Academy Dundigal (Hyderabad).
- Flying and Ground Duty (Technical) Branches is 74 weeks and
- Ground Duty (Non-Technical) Branches is 52 weeks.
Pay & Allowances
- During Training: Fixed Rs. 56100/- PM
- On Commissioning: Pay Scale: Rs. 56100 – 177500
- Allowances are applicable based on the nature of duty/ place of posting.
- For all candidates: Rs. 250/-
- For NCC Special Entry & Meteorology Entry: NIL
How to Register
- Eligible candidates are to register online through separate tabs available for AFCAT Entry/ NCC Special Entry/Meteorology Entry.
- Candidates eligible for one/more entries are to register separately in each entry.
Documents required for AFCAT Application 2021
The following documents are required to apply online for AFCAT.
- Aadhaar Card
- Credit/Debit cards
- Marksheets of Class 12 and graduation/diploma/integrated postgraduation
- Scanned images of photograph, signature and left thumb impression
Step-1 of AFCAT Application 2021: Registration
- Click on ‘Candidate Login’ on the home page of AFCAT for sign-in
- Applicants need to select ‘Not yet Registered? Register Here’
- Fill all required fields
- The applicant will receive a password on their registered email ID after successful AFCAT registration.
Step-2 of AFCAT Application 2021: Apply Online
- Information filled up by the candidates in the online application form will be considered final and no amendments will be allowed subsequently. Candidates should exercise due care while entering their date of birth.
- Login with the registered email ID and password
- Select the type of entry, AFCAT, NCC Special Entry for Flying Branch
- Read the instructions carefully
- Click the checkbox to proceed to the next stage
- Click ‘Application Form Filling’
- Candidates are required to fill in the following details
- Personal Information
- Educational Qualification
- Course preference
- Inputs for AFSB/SSB appeared candidates
- Source of information for AFCAT
- GATE Score
- Communication details
- Document Upload
- Select exam city
Step-3 of AFCAT Application 2021: Paying AFCAT Examination Fees 2021
- Candidates need to pay Rs 250 as examination fees
- The fees can be paid online through credit/ debit cards/ net banking
- On confirmation from the bank, the payment status will display the registration number
- Candidates will also receive a confirmation on their registered email ID and mobile number.
- 020-25503105 or 020-25503106 or E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for queries related to conduct of online examination, registration process and admit cards contact.
- 011-23010231 Extn 7610 or Toll-free number 1800-11-2448 for queries regarding eligibility, allotment of AFSB centres, date of AFSB interview, merit list and Joining Instructions contact.
Important Links for Indian Air Force AFCAT 2 Notification
Latest Recruitment Notifications 2021
- AU Group A B C Recruitment 2021| 412 Posts Important Details.
- MPPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Recruitment 2021| 129 Posts Important Details.
- SSC Selection Phase 9 Various Post Recruitment 2021 | 3261 Vacancies Important Details
- UPSC Engineering Services Exam 2022 Online Form | Important Details for 247 Vacancies
- IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant Recruitment 2021 | 513 Post, Apply Online!
- APSC Insurance Medical Officer Recruitment 2021 | 15 Posts
- UPPCL Camp Assistant Recruitment 2021 | 49 Posts Important Details
- UPPCL Assistant Accountant Recruitment 2021 – 240 Posts Important Details
- DSE Assam Graduate Teacher Recruitment 2021- 6296 Vacancies Important Details
What is the last date of application for the Indian Air Force AFCAT 2 Notification?
30-06-2021 is the last date for application.
Which branches are included in the Indian Air Force AFCAT 2 Notification?
Flying, Ground Duty (Technical) and Ground Duty (Non-Technical) branches are included in Indian Air Force AFCAT 2 Notification.
How many vacancies are there for NCC Special entry in the Indian Air Force AFCAT 2 Notification?
10% seats out of CDSE vacancies for PC and 10% seats out of AFCAT vacancies for SSC are earmarked for NCC special entry.
What is the age limit for the Indian Air Force AFCAT 2 Notification?
20 to 24 years for the Flying branch and 20 to 26 years for Ground Duty Technical and Non-Technical Branches.
What is the training duration for the Indian Air Force AFCAT 2?
Flying and Ground Duty (Technical) Branches is 74 weeks and
Ground Duty (Non-Technical) Branches is 52 weeks.
What is the application fees for the Indian Air Force AFCAT 2 Notification?
The application fees is Rs. 250/-. For NCC Special Entry & Meteorology Entry candidates, the fee is NIL.