Kerala PSC Jobs: The Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) was established to select suitable candidates for various Kerala Government departments considering the requisite educational qualifications, skills and experience for the assigned government jobs. The commission follows a fair and transparent time-bound scientific recruitment process.
The Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) is a body created by the Constitution of India as per provisions relating to Public Service Commission, as laid down in Chapter-II of Part-XIV of the Constitution. Kerala Public Service Commission is headquartered at Thulasi Hills, Thiruvananthapuram 695 004.
Check out the latest Kerala Public Service Commission recruitment 2020 below:
Other Public Service Commission Jobs
- MPPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Recruitment 2021| 129 Posts Important Details. Last Date: 04-11-2021
- APSC Insurance Medical Officer Recruitment 2021 | 15 Posts Last Date: 24-10-2021
- Test Date: APSC Enforcement Inspector 2020 Recruitment – 5 Posts Last Date: 18-01-2021
- APSC ARO APO Exploration Officer Recruitment 2021- 11 Posts Last Date: 23-04-2021
- APPSC Research Officer Recruitment 2020 – 7 Posts Last Date: 24-10-2020
- UPPSC RO ARO Notification 2021- 337 Posts Last Date: 05-04-2021
- HPSC Haryana Civil Services HCS Recruitment 2021 Online Form – 156 Posts Last Date: 02-04-2021
- BPSC LDC Recruitment 2021 | 24 Vacancies Complete Details. Last Date: 16-04-2021
- Rajasthan RPSC Head Master Recruitment 2021- 83 Posts Complete Details. Last Date: 23-04-2021
- OPSC Assistant Professor Recruitment, 2021 – 504 Posts, Salary, Selection Method, All Details. Last Date: 22-03-2021
- UP UPPSC Medical Officer Vacancy 2021- 3620 Posts Important Details Last Date: 28-06-2021
- MPPSC MO Recruitment 2021- Online Application 576 Posts Important Details. Last Date: 23-07-2021
- UPPSC Assistant Professor Recruitment 2021- Latest 130 Vacancies Important Details Last Date: 26-07-2021
- PPSC JE SDE Recruitment 2021 – 162 Vacancies Apply Online Complete Details. Last Date: 07-04-2021
- JKPSC CCE 2021 | 187 Vacancies Syllabus, Salary Complete Details. Last Date: 12-04-2021
- UKPSC AE Recruitment 2021 | 154 Vacancies Online Application Important Details Last Date: 21-09-2021
- PPSC AE SDE Recruitment 2021 – 124 Vacancies Apply Online Complete Details. Last Date: 09-04-2021
- Bihar BPSC Various Post Recruitment 2020Last Date: 22-10-2020
- UKPSC RO ARO Recruitment 2021 | 17 Vacancies Online Application Important Details Last Date: 06-09-2021
- APSC Assistant Engineer Result for P&RD Department.
- UPPSC State Engineering Services 2021 | Latest 281 Vacancies Important Details Last Date: 10-09-2021
- APSC Assistant Engineer PHE Recruitment 2020 – Test Centres AnnouncedTest Centres Announced. APSC Assistant ...
- APSC Fishery Development Officer Allied Cadre under Fishery Department – 7 Posts | Results Declared. Last Date: 29-01-2021
- UPPSC Staff Nurse Recruitment 2021- 3012 Vacancies Important Details Last Date: 12-08-2021
- UKPSC PCS Upper Subordinate Recruitment 2021 | 224 Vacancies Online Application Important Details Last Date: 30-08-2021
Important Links for Kerala PSC Jobs
|Official Website||CLICK HERE|
|Kerala PSC Notifications||CLICK HERE|
|Examination Schedule||CLICK HERE|
|Interview Schedule||CLICK HERE|
|Physical Efficiency Tests||CLICK HERE|
|Practical Tests||CLICK HERE|
|General conditions for selection||CLICK HERE|
|Status of Posts||CLICK HERE|
|Short Lists||CLICK HERE|
Kerala PSC Jobs: Online Application Process
To Apply for a notified post of Kerala Public Service Commission, the candidate have to register and create a profile using the One Time Registration (OTR)
To create a new registration, go to the official website click the link “One Time Registration“. and press Sign Up.
Registered candidates can log-in to their profile using the link – “Login“.
Detailed instructions for new registration can be found here.
Kerala PSC Jobs: Important Documents for upload
The candidate must have the following documents ready before proceeding for the online registration process:
- Photograph in digital form with these specification Maximum Size : 30Kb, Image Dimension : 150W X 200H px, Image Type : JPG. Please note that the name of the candidate and date of photo taken must be inscripted (in two lines) in black color text with white rectangular background at the bottom of the Photograph.
- Scanned image of the candidates signature put on a good quality white paper with blue/black ink Maximum Size : 30Kb, Image Dimension : 150W X 100H px, Image Type : JPG
- Any one of Identification Cards of the candidate such as Electoral ID, PAN Card, PEN Card, AADHAAR etc.
Kerala PSC Jobs: Helpline for Online Application and Registration
The following are the contact points for any technical queries related to the official website. Please note that calls should be made only during office hours.
Kerala PSC Jobs: Retrive User ID/Password
- Send SMS from the candidates registered mobile number to 166 / 51969 / 9223166166
- To know User ID sms KL USR
- To reset your password sms KL USR RST USERID DATE_OF_BIRTH From the candidates registred mobile only. Eg. to reset the password of user aniltvm with date of birth 21/1/1983 the format will be KL USR RST aniltvm 21011983. After successful reset the new Password will be aniltv21011983. Dont forget to change your password on your first login after reset.
Important Instructions To Candidates Appearing For OMR Test for Kerala PSC Jobs
1. Candidates should occupy their seats 30 minutes before the commencement of the test.
2. Only the following materials are allowed inside the examination hall:
- admission ticket,
- identification certificate,
- ball-point pen with blue or black ink and
- writing board.
3. OMR answer sheets will be supplied for the test.
4. Fresh OMR sheet/question booklet will not be supplied except for printing/manufacturing defect.
5. Candidates should avoid perforation, dampening or soiling of the answer sheet.
6. Candidates should read the instructions on the reverse of the OMR sheet. Do not tamper with the barcode in the center of the OMR answer sheet. If the barcode is tempered, the answer sheet will be invalidated.
7. Part A of the answer sheet is for
- entry of register number,
- date of birth,
- name of post and
- date of test and
Part B is for marking your answers.
8. In the column provided in Part A for register number, candidates should write their registration number in the boxes and fully darken the corresponding bubbles.
9. In the case of common test for two or more posts, candidates should write their registration number and darken the bubbles as directed above in separate columns provided for the purpose.
10. Errors in marking entries in Part A of the answer sheet will lead to invalidation; fresh OMR sheet will not be supplied.
11. In the column provided in Part A for date of birth, write your date of birth in the boxes and fully darken the corresponding bubbles provided.
12. Your question booklet alpha code(A/B/C/D) will be marked next to your register number on your seat.
13. In Part B, in the column provided, darken completely the bubble corresponding to the alpha code of the question booklet you received. The answer script will be invalidated if the alpha code bubble is not darkened or partially darkened. The candidate is entirely responsible for the same.
15. In Part B, for each question, darken only the bubble corresponding to the right answer.
16. Each correct answer will fetch 1 mark. There will be negative marking of 1/3 mark for each wrong answer.
17. Marking multiple answer or making alterations after marking an answer will result in negative marks.
18. Candidates should use the blank sheet at the end of the question booklet in order to make calculations, if any. The answer sheet should not be used for any calculation or notes.
19. No candidate will be permitted to leave the examination hall during the duration of the test.
20. After the time allotted for the test is over, Part A and Part B of the answer sheet should be separate along the dotted line and both parts should be handed over to the Assistant Superintendent. Failure to do so will result in invalidation.
Kerala PSC Jobs: Brief History of Kerala Public Service Commission
In the erstwhile Travancore state candidates for various categories of Government jobs were selected by a Public Service Commissioner. The first such commissioner was Mr. G.D. Nokes who was appointed on 14 June 1936. On the other hand a Staff Selection Board existed in Cochin which selected candidates for lower posts. Under an Act of the State Legislature, the Cochin Public Service Commission was established with three-members.
The Office of the Public Service Commissioner, Travancore and the Cochin Public Service Commisssion continued to function till the integration of Travancore and Cochin States. The two Princely States of Travancore and Cochin amalgamated and the Travancore-Cochin State was formed on 1 July 1949. Post integration of the princely states, a Public Service Commission for the State of Travancore-Cochin was constituted by an Ordinance. The Commission comprised of two members and the Chairman. The Government of India Act, 1935 governed the functions of the Travancore-Cochin Public Service Commission.
The Travancore-Cochin Public Service Commission continued to function under the Constitutional Provisions after the Indian Constitution was adopted on 26 January 1950.
Consequent to the Re-organisation of States, the State of Kerala was formed on 1 November 1956 and subsequently, the Travancore-Cochin Public Service Commission was transformed and the Kerala Public Service Commission established. The first Chairman of Kerala Public Service Commission was V.K. Velayudhan. The number of the Members of the Commission was increased to Five from three in 1959. The present strength of members of the Kerala Public Service Commission is thirteen.
Functions of Kerala PSC
The duties and functions of the Commission have been laid down in Art. 320 of the constitution of India. Government of Kerala consults Kerala PSC In all matters relating to the recruitment of civil services and other posts of the Government as per Article 320, Part XIV of the Constitution of India. The Kerala PSC discharges the duties and functions as specified in its Regulations. The main functions and duties of the Kerala PSC are:
- Recommending candidates for Direct Recruitment to the various services of the State of Kerala.
- Acting as an advisory body to the Government of Kerala on the principles to be followed to assess the suitability of the officers for promotion.
- Acting as an advisory body to the Govt. of Kerala on any disciplinary matters affecting the Kerala Government servant within the purview of the Commission;
- Acting as an advisory body to the Govt. of Kerala on all matters relating to framing of Draft Service Rules or Recruitment Rules of various departments of the Government;
- Acting as an advisory body to the Govt. of Kerala relating to the method of recruitment to Civil Services;
- Acting as an advisory body to the Govt. of Kerala on matters relating to protection and fixation of pay, in respect of Government servants, who were initially appointed as per the recommendation of the Commission;
- Conducting Departmental examinations for Government services.
Calculation of age for Kerala PSC Jobs
The age of the candidate for the selection will be calculated as on the 1st day of January of the year in which the Notification for the selection is published. Relaxation of 5 years in the case of SC/ST .Candidates and 3 years in the case of OBC candidates is allowed in the upper age limit.
Conditions to Government Servents for Kerala PSC Jobs
A Government Servant employed in a Service under the Administrative Control of the Kerala Government applying for a post in another Office or Department of the Government of Kerala shall obtain a receipt at the time of applying for the post from the Head of Office and shall produce the same to the Commission as and when called for. The format for the above mentioned receipt can be found here.