KPSC Jobs: The Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC) was established to select suitable candidates for various Karnataka Government departments considering the requisite educational qualifications, skills and experience for the assigned government jobs. The commission follows a fair and transparent time-bound scientific recruitment process.
The Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC) is a body created by the Constitution of India as per provisions relating to Public Service Commission, as laid down in Chapter-II of Part-XIV of the Constitution. KPSC is headquartered at Udyoga Soudha, Bangalore – 560 001. The KPSC was constituted under the provisions of the Constitution of India on 18 May 1951. In accordance with clause-III of the Mysore Public Service Commission, Regulations 1950, Sri. H.B. Gundappa Gowda, was appointed the first Chairman and Sri George Matthan, and Sri H.M. Mallikarjunappa, as Members of the Commission. The Chairman and Members assumed charge on the 19th, 23rd and 25th May 1951
Check out the latest KPSC recruitment 2020 below:
Other Public Service Commission Jobs
- MPPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Recruitment 2021| 129 Posts Important Details. Last Date: 04-11-2021
- APSC Insurance Medical Officer Recruitment 2021 | 15 Posts Last Date: 24-10-2021
- Test Date: APSC Enforcement Inspector 2020 Recruitment – 5 Posts Last Date: 18-01-2021
- APSC ARO APO Exploration Officer Recruitment 2021- 11 Posts Last Date: 23-04-2021
- APPSC Research Officer Recruitment 2020 – 7 Posts Last Date: 24-10-2020
- UPPSC RO ARO Notification 2021- 337 Posts Last Date: 05-04-2021
- HPSC Haryana Civil Services HCS Recruitment 2021 Online Form – 156 Posts Last Date: 02-04-2021
- BPSC LDC Recruitment 2021 | 24 Vacancies Complete Details. Last Date: 16-04-2021
- Rajasthan RPSC Head Master Recruitment 2021- 83 Posts Complete Details. Last Date: 23-04-2021
- OPSC Assistant Professor Recruitment, 2021 – 504 Posts, Salary, Selection Method, All Details. Last Date: 22-03-2021
- UP UPPSC Medical Officer Vacancy 2021- 3620 Posts Important Details Last Date: 28-06-2021
- MPPSC MO Recruitment 2021- Online Application 576 Posts Important Details. Last Date: 23-07-2021
- UPPSC Assistant Professor Recruitment 2021- Latest 130 Vacancies Important Details Last Date: 26-07-2021
- PPSC JE SDE Recruitment 2021 – 162 Vacancies Apply Online Complete Details. Last Date: 07-04-2021
- JKPSC CCE 2021 | 187 Vacancies Syllabus, Salary Complete Details. Last Date: 12-04-2021
- UKPSC AE Recruitment 2021 | 154 Vacancies Online Application Important Details Last Date: 21-09-2021
- PPSC AE SDE Recruitment 2021 – 124 Vacancies Apply Online Complete Details. Last Date: 09-04-2021
- Bihar BPSC Various Post Recruitment 2020Last Date: 22-10-2020
- UKPSC RO ARO Recruitment 2021 | 17 Vacancies Online Application Important Details Last Date: 06-09-2021
- APSC Assistant Engineer Result for P&RD Department.
- UPPSC State Engineering Services 2021 | Latest 281 Vacancies Important Details Last Date: 10-09-2021
- APSC Assistant Engineer PHE Recruitment 2020 – Test Centres AnnouncedTest Centres Announced. APSC Assistant ...
- APSC Fishery Development Officer Allied Cadre under Fishery Department – 7 Posts | Results Declared. Last Date: 29-01-2021
- UPPSC Staff Nurse Recruitment 2021- 3012 Vacancies Important Details Last Date: 12-08-2021
- UKPSC PCS Upper Subordinate Recruitment 2021 | 224 Vacancies Online Application Important Details Last Date: 30-08-2021
Important Links for KPSC Jobs
|Official Website||CLICK HERE|
|Online Application||CLICK HERE|
|Step by step Online Application Process||CLICK HERE|
|Recover Forgot Password and User Name||CLICK HERE|
|Guide for cropping photo and signature||CLICK HERE|
|Guide to upload additional documents||CLICK HERE|
|One Time Registration for Online Application||CLICK HERE|
|List of E-Payment Offices in Karnataka||CLICK HERE|
Syllabus for KPSC Recruitment
Click on the links provided below for syllabus of respective examinations
KPSC Jobs: Online Application Process
- Go to the Karnataka Public Service Commission’s official website and click on the link for the concerned online application. The link will redirect to the first page of the online application form for the concerned post. Note: Before applying online for any job Please make sure to read the original advertisement carefully and ensure you satisfy the eligibility and other conditions.
- For new registration – click on the “Click Here for New Registration” button and fill all your personal details.
- For a complete step by step guide for online application process, CLICK HERE
KPSC Jobs: Helpline for Online Application and Registration
The following are the contact points for any technical queries related to the official website. Please note that calls should be made only during office hours, from 10:00 A.M. to 06:00 P.M. on all working days barring the launch hour from 1.30 P.M. to 2.30 P.M.
KPSC Jobs: Brief History of Karnataka Public Service Commission
The KPSC was constituted under the provisions of the Constitution of India on 18 May 1951. It followed the Government Secretariat Manual for office procedures till Sri. H.B. Gundappa Gowda, was appointed as the first Chairman and Sri George Matthan, and Sri H.M. Mallikarjunappa, as Members of the Commission in May 1951. Starting with Sri H.B. Gundappa Gowda, 13 Chairmen and 67 Members have been appointed to the Commission by Government.
The first office of the KPSC was located in the “United India” buildings in Bangalore. After a couple of shifting of the office to address the growing requirements of the commission, it was shifted to the “Park House” which is situated on the north west side of Vidhana Soudha.
The foundation stone was laid for the construction of a new building during the “Golden Jubilee” celebration in 2002. “Udyoga Soudha”, the new building was inaugurated on 19-11-2005 and at present, the office is functioning from this office.
Functions of KPSC
Government of Karnataka consults KPSC In all matters relating to the recruitment of civil services and other posts of the Government as per Article 320, Part XIV of the Constitution of India. The KPSC discharges the duties and functions as specified in its Regulations. The main functions and duties of the KPSC are:
- Recommending candidates for Direct Recruitment to the various services of the State of Karnataka.
- Acting as an advisory body to the Government of Karnataka on the principles to be followed to assess the suitability of the officers for promotion.
- Acting as an advisory body to the Govt. of Karnataka on any disciplinary matters affecting the Karnataka Government servant within the purview of the Commission;
- Acting as an advisory body to the Govt. of Karnataka on all matters relating to framing of Draft Service Rules or Recruitment Rules of various departments of the Government;
- Acting as an advisory body to the Govt. of Karnataka relating to the method of recruitment to Civil Services;
- Acting as an advisory body to the Govt. of Karnataka on matters relating to protection and fixation of pay, in respect of Government servants, who were initially appointed as per the recommendation of the Commission;
- Conducting Departmental examinations for Government services.
KPSC Selection process for Direct Recruitment
The selection to all posts in Group-A Group-B, Group-C and Group-D of the Karnataka Government, which are to be filled by direct recruitment are governed by Karnataka State Civil Services (Direct Recruitment by Competitive Examination and Selections) (General) Rules, 2006. No special or general rules have been made for such direct recruitment.
Recruitment under these rules are:
- For Technical Posts: On the basis of marks secured in the qualifying examinations and
- For Non-Technical posts: Based on marks secured in the Competitive Examinations and interview
The Competitive Examinations will be of Multiple-Choice Objective Type.
On receipt of the requisition from the Government/Department, KPSC scrutinizes the proposals of the Government/Department with reference to the Cadre and Recruitment Rules of the Department, which govern the recruitment to such posts and also for satisfying the classification of vacancies reserved for SCs, STs and other Backward classes.
The Karnataka Public Service Commission advertises by a notification in the Karnataka Gazette and in the widely circulated newspapers clearly specifying the conditions of eligibility, provisional number of vacancies to be filled as per requisition from the Government/Department, reservation in favour of different categories and all other relevant particulars.
As per the Karnataka State Civil Services (Direct Recruitment by Competitive Examination and Selections) (General) Rules, 2006, to qualify for the interview, candidates must qualify in the Compulsory Kannada Language Examination conducted by the Commission.
The only exception for qualifying in the Kannada Language examination are the following case
- where the candidates have already passed the SSLC or any equivalent examination declared as equivalent thereto by the State Government or
- where the candidates have already passed any examination higher than the SSLC examination in which Kannada is the main or the second language or an optional subject (but not one of the subjects in a composite paper) or
- if they have studied and passed in Kannada medium, or have passed the Kannada language test conducted by the Commission earlier.