Meghalaya PSC Jobs: The Meghalaya Public Service Commission (MPSC) selects suitable candidates for various Meghalaya Government jobs considering the requisite educational qualifications, skills and experience for the assigned government jobs. The commission follows a fair and transparent time-bound scientific recruitment process.
The Meghalaya Public Service Commission (MPSC) is a body created by the Constitution of India as per provisions relating to Public Service Commission, as laid down in Article 315 Chapter-II of Part-XIV of the Constitution. Meghalaya PSC is headquartered at MPSC Building, Lower Lachumiere, Shillong – 793001.
The Meghalaya Public Service Commission came into existence on 14th September 1972. The Commission comprises of a Chairman and four Members.
Check out the latest Meghalaya PSC recruitment 2021 below:
Meghalaya PSC Jobs: Important Links
|Apply Online||Download Admit Card||Download Admission-cum-attendance Sheet|
|Syllabus||Download Health Declaration Form||Results|
|Schedule of Exam and Interview|
Meghalaya PSC Jobs: Instruction to Candidates
Registration of aspiring Candidates into the Recruitment Application Portal of the Meghalaya Public Service Commission is one time process and it involves the following two steps:
- Filling up the Online Application Form
- Uploading a recent colour passport size photograph of the candidate signed at the bottom of the photograph.
Please read the following instructions carefully before registering.
- Candidates must have a valid email address.
- The candidate should upload a recent colour passport size photograph along with his/her signature at the bottom of the photograph. (Format: .jpg/.jpeg File size: not more than 50 KB). The candidate need not upload any other document other than the passport size photograph duly signed at the bottom.
- The candidate should fill the Online Registration Form.
- After submitting the form, the candidate will be re-directed to a page to upload the scanned copy of his/her photograph (with signature at the bottom).
- The candidate may upload the photograph later by logging into the web site and clicking on the ‘Upload Enclosures’ link.
- The registration will not be accepted unless the photograph is uploaded.
- Merely registering with the website does not imply that the candidate has applied for the advertised post.
- For any assistance, you may please mail to the Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meghalaya PSC Jobs: Online Application Process
- Go to http://220.127.116.11/rpa/login.htm
- Click on “Click here to Register” link as shown below
- Provide your E-mail ID, Mobile Number and other details to register/ create an account.
Helpline for Online Registration of Meghalaya PSC Jobs
Candidates may send an E-mail to the following Email-IDs for assistance
|gulrez.sohliyanic.in||For any technical assistance relating to registrations, adding of qualifications or problems faced while applying online|
|email@example.com||For any assistance, queries relating to Payment of Fees, Non-update of Fee Status, etc relating to MPSC in particular|
Stages of Recruitment for Meghalaya PSC Jobs
The Meghalaya Public Service Commission (MPSC) was established in the year 1972 as a state agency to conduct selection process for recruitment of suitable candidates into various posts in the Government of Meghalaya. The Meghalaya Public Service Commission starts the recruitment process after receiving requisition from the Meghalaya Government departments. The various stages of the recruitment process are as mentioned below:
Note: Admission at all stages of the recruitment process are purely provisional and is subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If it is found that the applicants do not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions at any stage of the recruitment process, their candidature will automatically be cancelled by the Commission without notice.
- Issue of Advertisement in leading newspapers, official website etc.
- Acceptance of Applications followed by preliminary Scrutiny and selection of eligible Candidates as per terms of the Advertisement.
- Publishing of the list of the ineligible candidates, whereby applicants whose names feature in the list are required to file a representation with the documented proof for reason(s) against such proposed rejection.
- Publishing of Final Notice after re-scrutinization of the representation received.
- Except for posts where holding of Written Examination/Physical Efficiency Test is mandatory, the MPSC, depending on the number of applications received, decides if Preliminary /Written/Screening Test /Screening Practical Test/Main Examination should be held to shortlist the number of eligible candidates.
- The factors considered by the Commission in this matter are
- Number of Posts
- No of Applications received and
- Type of post.
- The MPSC then fixes the Examination Schedule and intimates the eligible candidates.
- The Meghalaya PSC then makes the arrangement of Examination Centres, Supervisor and Invigilators for the examination. The Commission prepares the Question papers and conduct of Written Examinations/Screening Test, etc.
- The Evaluation of the answer scripts of the candidates and compilation of marks is then completed.
- Depending upon the number of posts, the commission then fixes the cut off marks and publishes the list of qualified candidates.
- The date for the Personal Interviews are fixed and Individual notices are issued to candidate qualified to be called for Personal Interview.
- Depending upon the performance of the candidates in written examination, personal interview and any other selection criteria, the Commission publishes the list of the recommended candidates and forwards the list to the Department concerned.
Brief History of Meghalaya Public Service Commission
Prior to attaining statehood on 21 January 1972, the present-day Meghalaya constituted two districts of Assam and enjoyed limited autonomy within the state of Assam. Meghalaya was formed by craving out the United Khasi Hills and Jaintia Hills, and the Garo Hills from the state of Assam and enactment of the Assam Reorganization (Meghalaya) Act of 1969. The Act came into effect on 2 April 1970, and Meghalaya came into existence in accordance with the Sixth Schedule to the Indian constitution with a 37-member legislature.
The Meghalaya Public Service Commission was constituted under Article.315 of the Constitution of India and came into existence on September 14th, 1972. Shri. G.C. Momin was the inaugural Chairman and Shri. O. Thangkhiew was the lone member of the Commission.
Functions of Meghalaya PSC
Government of Meghalaya consults Meghalaya PSC In all matters relating to the recruitment of civil services and other posts of the Government as per Article 320, Part XIV of the Constitution of India. The Meghalaya Public Service Commission discharges the duties and functions as specified in its Regulations. The main functions and duties of the Meghalaya PSC are:
- Meghalaya PSC recommends candidates for Direct Recruitment to the various services of the State of Meghalaya.
- Meghalaya PSC acts as an advisory body to the Government of Meghalaya on the principles to be followed to assess the suitability of the officers for promotion.
- Meghalaya PSC acts as an advisory body to the Govt. of Meghalaya on any disciplinary matters affecting the Meghalaya Government servant within the purview of the Commission;
- Meghalaya PSC act as an advisory body to the Govt. of Meghalaya on all matters relating to framing of Draft Service Rules or Recruitment Rules of various departments of the Government;
- Meghalaya PSC act as an advisory body to the Govt. of Meghalaya relating to the method of recruitment to Civil Services;
- Meghalaya PSC act as an advisory body to the Govt. of Meghalaya on matters relating to protection and fixation of pay, in respect of Government servants, who were initially appointed as per the recommendation of the Commission;
- Meghalaya PSC conducts Departmental examinations for Government services.
Meghalaya PSC Office Contact Details
|For online filing of representation / Controller of Examinationsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|For any other MPSC related email@example.com|