Nagaland PSC Jobs: The Nagaland Public Service Commission (NPSC) selects suitable candidates for various Nagaland Government jobs considering the requisite educational qualifications, skills and experience for the assigned government jobs. The commission follows a fair and transparent time-bound scientific recruitment process.
The Nagaland Public Service Commission (NPSC) is a body created by the Constitution of India as per provisions relating to Public Service Commission, as laid down in Article 315 Chapter-II of Part-XIV of the Constitution. Nagaland PSC is headquartered at New Capital Complex, Near New Assembly Sectt Junction, Kohima-797001, Nagaland.
The Nagaland Public Service Commission came into existence in 1965 with a composition of one Chairman and two Members. The current Commission comprises of a Chairman and four Members.
Check out the latest Nagaland PSC recruitment 2021 below:
Nagaland PSC Jobs: Important Links
|Advertisements/ Notifications||Exam/ Interview Schedule||Results|
|Syllabus||Rejected List||Application Forms|
Jobs under Nagaland PSC
The following are the posts under services in Nagaland for which the Nagaland Public Service Commission conducts combined competitive examination:
- The Nagaland Civil Service.
- The Nagaland Police Service.
- The Nagaland (Administrative) Education Service.
- The Nagaland Art and Culture Service.
- The Nagaland Civil Supplies Service.
- The Nagaland Co-operative Service.
- The Nagaland District Gazetteer Service.
- The Nagaland Election Department Service.
- The Nagaland Employment & Craftsmen Training Service.
- The Nagaland Evaluation Service.
- The Nagaland Excise Service.
- The Nagaland Fire Service.
- The Nagaland Home Guard Service.
- The Nagaland Information and Public Relations Service.
- The Nagaland Industries Service.
- The Nagaland Jail Service.
- The Nagaland Legal Metrology Service.
- The Nagaland Labour Service.
- The Nagaland Planning Machinery Service.
- The Nagaland Printing and Stationery Service.
- The Nagaland Rural Development Service.
- The Nagaland Secretariat Service.
Nagaland PSC Jobs: Instruction to Candidates
Candidates who want to apply for any job advertised by the Nagaland Public Service Commission can apply Online through the eDistrict Portal at https://edistrict.nagaland.gov.in or through any NagalandOne Common Service Center (CSC) which are available in 12 districts of the state. The List of the CSCs can be found here.
Nagaland PSC Jobs: Online Application Process
- Go to https://edistrict.nagaland.gov.in/app/
- Click on “REGISTER/ SIGN UP” link as shown below
- Provide your User Name, E-mail ID, Mobile Number and Password to register/ create an account.
- Candidates must register only Once.
- Ensure that the Registration Details as filled in are correct. To register you will need a valid unique email id and the necessary access to the same.
- Once registered, the same Login ID can be used for accessing the application over the subsequent/following years.
- Users can reset their passwords using the email id provided during registration.
Helpline for Online Registration of Nagaland PSC Jobs
Candidates may call or contact the following by sending an E-mail for assistance
|Contact Number||0370 22710000|
Instructions for uploading photograph and signature for Nagaland PSC Jobs
The eDistrict portal accepts any files up to 5MB. However, for optimum performance, it is prescribed to furnish Photographs & Signatures as per the Dimensions below:-
- Size of the photograph should be Width 200 pixels x Height 250 pixels.
- Size of the signature should be Width 250 pixels x Height 120 pixels.
Instructions for uploading documents for Nagaland PSC Jobs
- Accepted Files types are JPEG, JPG, PDF. The maximum file size is 5MB per file unless explicitly specified.
- For submission of Educational Documents, candidates are requested to combine all related documents into a single PDF file for ease of processing and upload as explained below:-
- For Class X -> Class X Admit Card + Class X MarkSheet + Class X Pass Certificate = MatriculationDocs.pdf
- For Class XII -> Class XII Admit Card + Class XII Marksheet + Class XII Pass Certificate = XIIDocs.pdf
Similarly, for all remaining Educational Qualifications. It is expected that the Applicants will provide a complete list of Educational Qualifications and neither the Department of IT&C nor the respective service providing Department shall be held responsible for any cases of “Rejection” of Application Forms due to non-compliance or incomplete information in Application Form.
Stages of Recruitment for Nagaland PSC Jobs
Note: Admission at all stages of the recruitment process are purely provisional and is subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If it is found that the applicants do not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions at any stage of the recruitment process, their candidature will automatically be cancelled by the Commission without notice.
- Issue of Advertisement in leading newspapers, official website etc.
- Acceptance of Applications followed by preliminary Scrutiny and selection of eligible Candidates as per terms of the Advertisement.
- Publishing of the list of the ineligible candidates, whereby applicants whose names feature in the list are required to file a representation with the documented proof for reason(s) against such proposed rejection.
- Publishing of Final Notice after re-scrutinization of the representation received.
- Except for posts where holding of Written Examination/Physical Efficiency Test is mandatory, the Nagaland PSC, depending on the number of applications received, decides if Preliminary /Written/Screening Test /Screening Practical Test/Main Examination should be held to shortlist the number of eligible candidates.
- The factors considered by the Commission in this matter are
- Number of Posts
- No of Applications received and
- Type of post.
- The NPSC then fixes the Examination Schedule and intimates the eligible candidates.
- The Nagaland PSC then makes the arrangement of Examination Centres, Supervisor and Invigilators for the examination. The Commission prepares the Question papers and conduct of Written Examinations/Screening Test, etc.
- The Evaluation of the answer scripts of the candidates and compilation of marks is then completed.
- Depending upon the number of posts, the commission then fixes the cut off marks and publishes the list of qualified candidates.
- The date for the Personal Interviews are fixed and Individual notices are issued to candidate qualified to be called for Personal Interview.
- Depending upon the performance of the candidates in written examination, personal interview and any other selection criteria, the Commission publishes the list of the recommended candidates and forwards the list to the Department concerned.
Brief History of Nagaland Public Service Commission
In July 1960, following discussion between the leaders of the Naga People Convention (NPC) and Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru, an agreement was arrived at for the formation of Nagaland as a full-fledged state within the Union of India. Nagaland attained statehood on 1 December 1963 as the 16th state of India. After the formation of the state, it became a constitutional necessity to establish a Public Service Commission for the state of Nagaland.
The Nagaland Public Service Commission was established up in 1965 with Shri K. Sachidanandam as the Chairman and two Members. The composition was revised in 1985 by addition of more Member. Due to increased workload, the strength of members of the Commission was increased to 4 nos in 2007. Presently the Nagaland Public Service Commission comprises of the Chairman and 4(four) Members.
Functions of Nagaland PSC
Government of Nagaland consults Nagaland PSC In all matters relating to the recruitment of civil services and other posts of the Government as per Article 320, Part XIV of the Constitution of India. The Nagaland Public Service Commission discharges the duties and functions as specified in its Regulations. The main functions and duties of the Nagaland PSC are:
- Nagaland PSC recommends candidates for Direct Recruitment to the various services of the State of Nagaland.
- Nagaland PSC acts as an advisory body to the Government of Nagaland on the principles to be followed to assess the suitability of the officers for promotion.
- Nagaland PSC acts as an advisory body to the Govt. of Nagaland on any disciplinary matters affecting the Nagaland Government servant within the purview of the Commission;
- Nagaland PSC act as an advisory body to the Govt. of Nagaland on all matters relating to framing of Draft Service Rules or Recruitment Rules of various departments of the Government;
- Nagaland PSC act as an advisory body to the Govt. of Nagaland relating to the method of recruitment to Civil Services;
- Nagaland PSC act as an advisory body to the Govt. of Nagaland on matters relating to protection and fixation of pay, in respect of Government servants, who were initially appointed as per the recommendation of the Commission;
- Nagaland PSC conducts Departmental examinations for Government services.
Nagaland PSC Office Contact Details
|Office Address||Nagaland Public Service Commission,|
New Capital Complex,
Near New Assembly Sectt Junction,