OPSC Assistant Professor Recruitment, 2021 – 504 Posts, Check all Eligibility, Selection process and Full Notification. Odisha Public Service Commission invites application from Indian Citizens for 504 posts of Assistant Professor under the Higher Education Department. Candidates who are eligible and interested to apply and meets all educational and physical eligibility criteria can read the full notification before applying online or offline as the case may be and download admit card and results.
OPSC Assistant Professor Recruitment, 2021 – 504 Posts – Full Notification
Notification no. and Important Dates
|Notification No||08 of 2020-21|
|Registration/re-registration Start Date||15-02-2021|
|Registration/re-registration Last Date||14-03-2021 (11:59 P.M.)|
|Last Date for Payment of exam fees||14-03-2021 (11:59 P.M.)|
|Last date for submission of the Registered Online Application||22-03-2021 (11:59 P.M.)|
OPSC Assistant Professor Recruitment, 2021 – Vacancy and Reservation Details
The vacancy for the posts of Assistant Professor is 504 which includes 148 Posts for Women candidates. Please refer to the official advertisement (Advt. No. 08 of 2020-21) published on 08-02-2021 for complete vacancy and reservation details.
OPSC Assistant Professor Recruitment Application Fees
|SC/ST of Odisha by birth||NIL|
|Persons with a permanent disability of more than 40%||NIL|
|All Other Categories||Rs. 400/-|
- The examination fees should be paid online through OPSC portal using Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking facilities and other financial instruments enlisted in the Payment Page/Gateway of the Odisha Government Treasury Portal.
- The fee(s) paid shall neither be refunded under any circumstances nor can be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment of OPSC.
Age Limit for OPSC Assistant Professor Recruitment 2021
Reference date for calculation of age: 01-01-2021
|Minimum Age||Maximum Age|
|21 Years||No limit to Maximum Age (Superannuation age becomes the maximum age limit by default)|
- Date of birth as per the High School Certificate or equivalent Certificate issued by the concerned Board/Council will be accepted by OPSC.
- Candidates should also note that once a Date of Birth has been entered in the records of the Commission, no change will be allowed on any grounds whatsoever.
- The candidature of the candidate will be rejected and or she/he may be debarred from present and future recruitments of OPSC in case of any variation found from the age as per High School Certificate, at any subsequent stage of the examination.
- A Master’s degree with 55% marks or an equivalent grade from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university. (A relaxation of 5% shall be allowed for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ PWD candidates. )
- The candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC.
Minimum Qualification for some un-conventional subjects is as given below
- Bio-Technology- P.G/Master Degree in Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Life Science/Microbiology/Botany Zoology with specialization in Molecular Biology/Genetic Engineering/Microbial Technology/Proteomics/Bioprocess Technology/Computational Biology
- Computer Science & Application- MCA/M.Sc (Computer Science/IT)/M.Tech (Computer Application/IT)/M.S.(Computer Science/IT)
- PMIR-P.G./Master Degree in Personnel Management and Industrial Relation
- Music-Master Degree in Music(Hindustani Vocal).
- Gender Studies- Master Degree in any Social Science Subject with NET
- Marine Biology- Master Degree in Marine Biology
- Oceanography-Master Degree in Oceanography
- Life Science(Botany)- M.Sc. in Life Science with Botany/ M.Sc. Botany
- Life Science(Zoology)- M.Sc. in Life Science with Zoology/ M.Sc. Zoology
- Material Science- Master Degree in Material Science/Chemistry/Physics/M.Tech in Material Science
- Wild Life & Biodiversity Conservation- Master Degree in Wildlife/Botany/Environmental Science/Biotechnology/Forestry/Life Science/Zoology
- Integrated B.Ed & M.Ed
(i) Foundation Course-M.A./M.Sc., M.Ed
(ii) Pedagogy of History/English-M.A. in History/English, M.Ed
(iii) Pedagogy of Physical Science/Math- M.Sc. in Physical Science/ M.Sc in Math, M.Ed
- Mass Communication & Media Technology- Masters in Media Technology/Informatics/Cyber Media
- Travel Tourism & Hospitality Management- MBA in International Tourism/ Tourism Management/ IT with specialization in Travel & Tourism
- For full details please refer to the official notification.
Other Eligibility Conditions for OPSC Assistant Professor Recruitment 2021
- The Candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living or in case of a woman candidate, if married to a person having one spouse living, shall not be eligible for appearing at the examination, unless the State Government has exempted his/her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- Government Servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualifications and are within the prescribed age limit, failing which their candidature summarily be rejected. All candidates are required to obtain an NOC (No Objection Certificate) from their competent authority for submission at the time of document verification. They must inform their respective Heads of Departments in writing regarding submission of their application for this recruitment.
- Candidate who has been, at any time, been debarred for a certain period/chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any Examination/Interview, he/she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period/chance(s).
- A candidate who claims change in his/her name after having passed the High School Certificate Examination or equivalent examination, is required to furnish copy of publication of the changed name in local leading daily newspaper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his/her change of name.
Method of Selection for OPSC Assistant Professor Recruitment 2021
- There shall be shortlisting of candidates for each subject as per UGC guideline.
- Five times the number of vacancies shall be shortlisted for interview
- The academic score as specified in Appendix II (Table 3A), as given below for universities of UGC Regulation, 2018 shall be considered for shortlisting of candidates for interview.
- The selection shall be based only on performance in the interview.
- The Commission shall prepare a list of candidates equal to the number of advertised vacancies in order of merit on the basis of performance in the interview.
- The list recommended by the Commission shall remain valid for a period of one year from the date of recommendation by the Commission.
The academic score as specified in Appendix II (Table 3A), for universities of UGC Regulation, 2018
- Graduation: 80% and above = 15 marks | 60%to less than 80% = 13 marks | 55% to less than 60% = 10 marks
- Post Graduation: 80% and above = 28 marks | 60%to less than 80% = 25 marks | 55% to less than 60% = 20 marks
- M.Phil.: 60% and above = 07 marks | 55% to less than 60% = 05 marks
- Ph.D.: 30 marks
- NET with JRF: 07 marks
- NET or equivalent: 05 marks
- Research Publications (2 marks for each research publications published in Peer Reviewed/UGC listed Journals): 10 marks
- Teaching/Post Doctoral Experience (2 marks for one year each)# 10 marks
# if the period of teaching/Post-doctoral experience is less than one year then the marks shall be reduced proportionately.
1. M.Phil + PhD Maximum– 30 Marks
2. JRF/NET/SET Maximum – 07 Marks
3. Number of candidates to be called for the interview shall be decided by the concerned universities.
4. Academic Score – 80 marks | Research Publications – 10 marks | Teaching Experience – 10 marks (Total: 100 marks)
5. SET/SLET score shall be valid for appointment in respective State Universities/Colleges/Institutions only
The following are the new UGC Pay Scale as per 7th Pay Commission for Assistant Professor Jobs.
|Positions||Existing UGC Pay Scale for Assistant Professor||New Pay Scale of Assistant Professor||Grade Pay|
|Assistant Professor||Rs. 47304||Rs. 57700||Rs. 6000|
|Assistant Professor (Senior Scale)||Rs. 56480||Rs. 68900||Rs. 7000|
How to Apply
Additional steps for OPSC Assistant Professor Recruitment 2021:
- The online application form is automated & system driven. The requisite options shall be enabled and information shall be asked as per data furnished by the candidate. Hence, candidates should ensure that accurate information is fed, for the edit option is limited and on confirmation, there is no scope for further edit even if any wrongful entry has been made while filling up the application.
- Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of the latest passport size photograph which is to be uploaded on the online application form for future use.
- The candidates must indicate his/her preference for the University while applying.
- On successful submission of the Online application form, a Unique PPSAN No. will be displayed on the screen as well as on the top of the application form. Candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted online application form and put his/her signature under the declaration for submission to O.P.S.C. along with copies of requisite certificates and documents as and when asked.
- “Intimation Letters” to the candidates for interview and “attestation form” shall be uploaded to the website of the OPSC prior to the date of interview.
- The shortlisted candidates are to produce the attestation form at the time of document verification, the date of which shall be notified by the Commission which not only shall be informed through SMS & email to candidates but also shall be uploaded on the website.
- The date of interview as decided by the Commission shall also be intimated to the shortlisted candidate by both SMS, as well as email and by publication on OPSC website www.opsc.gov.in.
Documents to be produced for verification
The printout of the application along with the following documents are to be produced for verification when asked for by the OPSC.
- H.S.C. or equivalent certificate in support of declaration of age issued by the concerned Board/Council
- Intermediate/+2 /12th Standard examination certificate issued by the concerned University/ Council
- Bachelor’s degree certificate issued by the recognized University
- P.G. Degree Certificate in support of qualification in the concerned subject as may be applicable issued by the concerned recognized University/Institution.
- M.Phil/ P.hd certificate.
- Document in support of having qualified NET.
- Mark-lists in support of all the aforesaid examinations (i.e. H.S.C. to M.Phil) if any, issued by the concerned Board/Council/University/Institution;
Important Links – OPSC Assistant Professor Recruitment 2021
OPSC Office Contact Details
For Administrative Assistance
|Contact Number||0671-2304141/2305611 & Extn.-218|
For Technical Assistance
To be contacted between 10 A.M. and 5:30 P.M on working days