OPSC Jobs: The Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) selects suitable candidates for various Odisha Government jobs considering the requisite educational qualifications, skills and experience for the assigned government jobs. The commission follows a fair and transparent time-bound scientific recruitment process.
The Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) is a body created by the Constitution of India as per provisions relating to Public Service Commission, as laid down in Article 315 Chapter-II of Part-XIV of the Constitution. OPSC is headquartered at19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack, Odisha.
The Odisha Public Service Commission came into existence on 1 April 1949 with three members including the Chairman. The current Commission comprises of a Chairman and two Members.
Check out the latest OPSC Jobs | OPSC recruitment 2021 below:
Latest Odisha Public Service Commission Jobs
OPSC Jobs under Odisha Public Service Commission
The following are the posts under services in Odisha for which the Odisha Public Service Commission conducts combined competitive examination apart from departmental examinations conducted from time to time:
- Odisha Civil Service Examination
- Odisha Judicial Service Examination
- Odisha Municipality Administration Service
- Odisha Education Services
- Junior Lecturers in O.E.S.
- Tourist Officer
- Asst. Section Officer
- Asst.Executive Engineer (Electrical)
- Asst. Executive Engineer (Civil & Mechanical)
- Junior Assistant in the Office of OPSC
OPSC Jobs: Online Registration and Application Process
The process to apply for a OPSC job can be categorized into three parts:
- Application for the Post &
- Deposit of Fees
- Go to OPSC Official Web Portal (www.opsc.gov.in) and click on Apply Online.
- Click “New User” link, if you are registering for a Post for the 1st Time. The registration in the OPSC website is a one time process. If you are a registered user click on “Registered User”
- An Instruction Page will appear, scroll down and read the complete instructions carefully and click on “Proceed to Registration” button
- Provide your Email ID & Mobile Number and click “Proceed” to continue
- Provide the OTP sent to your Email ID & Mobile Number for validation and click the “Next” button.
- Now the Registration Page is open for you. Enter a User Name of your preference. (user name must be more than 7 characters & less than 16 characters and must have one upper case, one lower case, one digit of the English alphabet and special character also be used ‘.’ And ‘_’)
- After that click on the “Check Availability” button to validate your user name.
- If the provided username is available for registration. It will show an alert “The Username is Available for Registration”. Select the Post & Arrange as per your preference.
- Fill up the other fields (As applicable)
- Provide a password in the Password field and Confirm Password field. Password should be more than 7 characters & less than 16 English characters. Password should contain at least one upper case English alphabet, one lower case English alphabet, one English number. Special character “/, @, #, $” may also be used. Please note that other special characters are not allowed.
- Upload your Signature and Thumb Impression
- Provide Captcha as shown below check the undertaking and click on “Preview” button, which will open an alert to preview your registration details. Click “OK” to proceed.
- Verify all the details on the popup by scrolling the content & click on “Submit” to Register.
- If you need any correction, Click on the “Edit” button.
- After Submitting, a PDF file of your registered details will be generated on a separate tab. Download that PDF document for future reference. This completes the registration process.
- Candidates must register only Once. Ensure that the Registration Details as filled in are correct. To register you will need a valid unique email id and the necessary access to the same. Once registered, the same Login ID can be used for accessing the application over the subsequent/following years.
- On the login page, provide your username, password and captcha. Then Click on “Login”
- After successful login, details of the post you have registered will be shown. To proceed further click on the “Preview Registration” button.
- Verify all the details on the popup by scrolling the content & click on “Confirm” to proceed. If you need any correction you can do it by clicking the “Edit” button
- Now you must upload the document(s) required, by clicking on the “Provide Document Details” link.
- Provide all details asked for, then click on “Submit” Button
- If the Submission is successful a list of documents uploaded will be shown at the bottom (If you found any error in the data and want to change the data, then you can click on the “Edit” link and make the correction.). Now Click on the “Confirm” button to proceed
PAYMENT OF EXAMINATION FEES:
- Click on “Pay Online” Link
- After successful payment “Apply Now” link will appear, Click on it
- Fill up the form with all required data.
- On the last tab, you need to tick the undertaking accepting the terms and conditions and confirming the data filled up and click on “Preview your Application Form” button.
- It will open a popup, Review all the details on the popup by scrolling the content and click the “Submit Application” button to submit the form. (If you found any error in the data and want to change the data, then click on the “Edit” button and make the correction.)
- Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application. On Successful completion of the application, a pdf file will be generated in a separate tab. Download the Pdf document and keep a printout of the same for future reference.
OPSC Jobs: Stages of Recruitment
Note: Admission at all stages of the recruitment process are purely provisional and is subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If it is found that the applicants do not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions at any stage of the recruitment process, their candidature will automatically be cancelled by the Commission without notice.
- Issue of Advertisement in leading newspapers, official website etc.
- Acceptance of Applications followed by preliminary Scrutiny and selection of eligible Candidates as per terms of the Advertisement.
- Publishing of the list of the ineligible candidates, whereby applicants whose names feature in the list are required to file a representation with the documented proof for reason(s) against such proposed rejection.
- Publishing of Final Notice after re-scrutinization of the representation received.
- Except for posts where holding of Written Examination/Physical Efficiency Test is mandatory, the Odisha PSC, depending on the number of applications received, decides if Preliminary /Written/Screening Test /Screening Practical Test/Main Examination should be held to shortlist the number of eligible candidates.
- The factors considered by the Commission in this matter are
- Number of Posts
- No of Applications received and
- Type of post.
- The OPSC then fixes the Examination Schedule and intimates the eligible candidates.
- The Odisha PSC then makes the arrangement of Examination Centres, Supervisor and Invigilators for the examination. The Commission prepares the Question papers and conduct of Written Examinations/Screening Test, etc.
- The Evaluation of the answer scripts of the candidates and compilation of marks is then completed.
- Depending upon the number of posts, the commission then fixes the cut off marks and publishes the list of qualified candidates.
- The date for the Personal Interviews are fixed and Individual notices are issued to candidate qualified to be called for Personal Interview.
- Depending upon the performance of the candidates in written examination, personal interview and any other selection criteria, the Commission publishes the list of the recommended candidates and forwards the list to the Department concerned.
Brief History of Odisha Public Service Commission
Giving priority to the recommendations of the Lee Commission which advocated that the statutory Public Service Commission contemplated by the Government of India Act, 1919 should be established without delay, these recommendations were added to the Constitution of India as Articles 315 to 323.
The Odisha Public Service Commission was constituted on 1 April 1949. Prior to its formation, matters related to the selection of candidates for government posts were handled by the Bihar and Odisha Joint Public Service Commission. The Commission commenced functioning in the Old Secretariat Building at Buxibazzar, Cuttack.
At the time of creation, the Odisha Public Service Commission had three members, including a chairman. The membership increased to five in 1979 and further increased to six in 1996. The office of the Commission was shifted to Cantonment Road (now PK Parija Road), its present location, on 20th April 1984.
Functions of OPSC
Government of Odisha consults Odisha PSC In all matters relating to the recruitment of civil services and other posts of the Government as per Article 320, Part XIV of the Constitution of India. The Odisha Public Service Commission discharges the duties and functions as specified in its Regulations. The main functions and duties of the Odisha PSC are:
- Advice on the framing of recruitment rules and amendments with regard to the recruitment and conditions of service of Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’ posts.
- Advice on punishment proposed by the disciplinary authority in finalization of departmental proceedings under the Odisha Civil Services (Classification, Control & Appeal) Rules, 1962 read with Rule 7 of the Odisha Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1992.
- Advice on matters relating to the promotion of officers and fixation of inter-seniority, etc., with regard to officers of Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’.
- Recruitment of candidates to posts/services belonging to Group ‘B’ and above under the State Government.
- Through competitive examination and viva vice test as prescribed in the recruitment rules; and
- Through viva vice test only.
OPSC Office Contact Details
For Administrative Assistance
|Contact Number||0671 – 2305611, 2304141|
For Technical Assistance
|Contact Number||0674 – 2597149|