OPSC Odisha Civil Services Preliminary Examination, 2020 – 392 Posts, Eligibility, Salary, Exam Date, Admit Card and Full Notification. Odisha Public Service Commission invites application from Indian Citizens for 392 posts for recruitment to the Posts and Services coming under the Odisha Civil Services (Group-A & Group-B) in the scale of pay as indicated below and carrying usual allowances as admissible under Rules of the Govt. of Odisha.
OPSC Odisha Civil Services Preliminary Examination, 2020 – 392 Posts – Full Notification
Notification no. and Important Dates
|Notification No||07 of 2020-21|
|Registration Start Date||12-01-2021|
|Last Date for Online application||18-02-2021|
|Last Date for Payment of exam fees||11-02-2021|
OPSC OCS Preliminary Examination, 2020 – Vacancy and Reservation Details
|Name of the|
|OAS Gr-A (JB)||137 (45-w)||69 (23-w)||15 (5-w)||22 (7-w)||31 (10-w)||5|
|OFS Gr-A (JB)||104 (35-w)||52 (17-w)||12 (4-w)||17 (6-w)||23 (8-w)||4|
Sub Cat(d): 1
|OPS Gr-A (JB)||6 (1-w)||3 (1-w)||1||1||1||NIL||NIL||NIL|
|OCS (ARCS/AGCS) (Gr-B)||8 (2-w)||4||NIL||1 (w)||3 (1-w)||Cat-II: 1||NIL||NIL|
|ORS (Gr-B)||74 (24-w)||37 (12-w)||8 (3-w)||12 (4-w)||17 (5-w)||4|
|OT & AS (Gr-B)||63 (21-w)||32 (11-w)||7 (2-w)||10 (3-w)||14 (5-w)||4|
OPSC Odisha Civil Services – Scale of Pay
The scale of pay for all the posts are in the Pay Matrix under Rule-3 of ORSP Rules, 2017.
|Name of Post/Service||Scale of Pay|
|Odisha Administrative Service, Group-A (Junior Branch)||Rs. 56,100/- in Level-12-Cell-I|
|Odisha Police Service, Group-A (Junior Branch)||Rs. 56,100/- in Level-12-Cell-I|
|Odisha Finance Service, Group-A (Junior Branch)||Rs. 56,100/- in Level-12-Cell-I|
|Odisha Co-operative Service, ARCS/AGCS Gr-B||Rs. 44,900/- in Level-10-Cell-I|
|Odisha Co-operative Service, ARCS/AGCS Gr-B||Rs. 44,900/- in Level-10-Cell-I|
|Odisha Taxation & Accounts Service, ARCS/AGCS Gr-B||Rs. 44,900/- in Level-10-Cell-I|
OPSC Odisha Civil Services Exam Application Fees
|SC/ST of Odisha by birth||NIL|
|Persons with a permanent disability of more than 40%||NIL|
|All Other Categories||Rs. 500/-|
- The examination fees should be paid online through OPSC portal using Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking facilities and other financial instruments enlisted in the Payment Page/Gateway of the Odisha Government Treasury Portal.
- The fee(s) paid shall neither be refunded under any circumstances nor can be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment of OPSC.
Age Limit for OPSC OCS Preliminary Exam 2020
|Minimum Age||Maximum Age|
|21 Years (As on 01-01-2020)||32 Years (As on 01-01-2020)|
Age Relaxation for OPSC OCS Preliminary Exam 2020
The upper age limit is relaxable-
- By 5 years for S.C./S.T./S.E.B.C./Women/ Ex-Serviceman candidates,
- By 10 years for Persons with Disabilities (permanent disability is 40% or more)
- Persons with Disabilities belonging to SC/ST/ SEBC categories are eligible for cumulative age relaxation benefit.
- Date of birth as per the High School Certificate or equivalent Certificate issued by the concerned Board/Council will be accepted by OPSC.
- Candidates should also note that once a Date of Birth has been entered in the records of the Commission, no change will be allowed on any grounds whatsoever.
- The candidature of the candidate will be rejected and or she/he may be debarred from present and future recruitments of OPSC in case of any variation found from the age as per High School Certificate, at any subsequent stage of the examination.
Educational Qualification for OPSC OCS Preliminary Exam 2020
A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree from:
- any University incorporated by an Act of the Central or a State Legislature in India or
- an Educational Institution established by an Act of Parliament or deemed to be a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or
- a Foreign University approved by the Central Government from time to time.
Other Eligibility Conditions for OPSC OCS Preliminary Exam 2020
- The Candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
- He/she must be able to read, write and speak Odia and have
- (a) Passed Middle School Examination with Odia as a Language subject; or
- (b) Passed HSC or equivalent examination with Odia as a medium of examination in non-language subject; or
- (c) Passed in Odia as a language subject in the final exa of Class-VII from a School or Educational Institution recognized by the Government of Odisha or the Central Government; or
- (d) Passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School & Mass Education Department of the Government of Odisha.
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living or in case of a woman candidate, if married to a person having one spouse living, shall not be eligible for appearing at the examination, unless the State Government has exempted his/her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- Government Servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualifications and are within the prescribed age limit, failing which their candidature summarily be rejected. All candidates are required to obtain an NOC (No Objection Certificate) from their competent authority for submission at the time of document verification. They must inform their respective Heads of Departments in writing regarding submission of their application for this recruitment.
- Candidate who has been, at any time, been debarred for a certain period/chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any Examination/Interview, he/she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period/chance(s).
- Only those candidate, who possess the requisite qualification and fulfil other eligibility conditions by the closing date of submission of registered online applications will be considered eligible.
- The period of probation will be applicable as prescribed in the recruitment rules of different services advertised.
- The candidate must have good moral character. Also a candidate must be of good mental condition and bodily healthy and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his/her duties as an officer of the Service/Post.
- A candidate who claims change in his/her name after having passed the High School Certificate Examination or equivalent examination, is required to furnish copy of publication of the changed name in local leading daily newspaper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his/her change of name.
Examination Stages for OPSC Civil Services Exam 2020
The Civil Services Examination will consist of the following successive three stages:
- i. Preliminary Examination (Objective Type-Multiple Choice Questions)
- ii. Main Examination and
- iii. Personality Test or Interview.
The preliminary examination shall consist of two papers of objective types (Multiple Choice Questions) as mentioned below:
|General Studies Paper -I||200||2 Hours|
|General Studies Paper -II||200||2 Hours|
The General Studies Paper-II of the Odisha Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper. The minimum qualifying marks for the paper is fixed at 33%. A candidate has to secure a minimum of 33% in the General Studies Paper-II of preliminary examination so as his/her General Studies Paper-I is evaluated.
- One(1) mar is awarded for every correct answer.
- One Forth (1/4) mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
- No negative marking for not attempting a questions
- More than one answer for a question will be treated as a wrong answer.
How many attempts can be made for OPSC Civil Services Exam
A candidate who is otherwise eligible shall be permitted four(4) attempts at the examination with the exception of
(i) S.C. and S.T. candidates for whom there is NO Limit.
(ii) Seven attempts permissible to candidates belonging to Socially & Educationally Backward Classes, who are otherwise eligible.
How to Apply
OPSC Civil Services Exam 2020 – Important Links
OPSC Office Contact Details
For Administrative Assistance
|Contact Number||0671-2304141/2305611 & Extn.-218|
For Technical Assistance
To be contacted between 10 A.M. and 5:30 P.M on working days