PGCIL Fresh Engineering Graduate Recruitment Announcement 2021, Eligibility, Selection Process, Educational Qualification and Full Notification. POWERGRID, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India, one of the largest Transmission Utilities in the World and a Maharatna Enterprise of Govt. of India, announces recruitment of fresh engineering graduates as EXECUTIVE TRAINEEs in the disciplines of Electrical / Electronics/ Civil through GATE 2021. All relevant details are available here.
Full Notification – PGCIL Fresh Engineering Graduate Recruitment Announcement 2021
|Name of Post||EXECUTIVE TRAINEEs in the disciplines of Electrical / Electronics/ Civil Engineering|
|Educational Qualification||B.E/B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg.) from recognized University/ Institute|
|Application start Date||To be announced|
|Last Date for online application||To be announced|
For the PGCIL Fresh Engineering Graduate Recruitment, the details of number of vacancies and reservation shall be indicated in the notification to be published on our website before the commencement of Online Registration. However, reservation shall be provided to OBC(NCL)/ EWS/SC/ST/PwD candidates depending on the number of vacancies and as per Govt. of India Directives.
a. Valid Score in the GATE 2021
Candidate should have appeared in the corresponding paper of GATE 2021 as shown in the following table and Qualified in the same. The qualifying marks shall be as declared by GATE 2021 Organizing Body.
|Post||Corresponding GATE 2021 Paper|
POWERGRID may also use the GATE 2021 scores for recruitment for other positions depending on requirement.
b. Upper Age Limit
28 years as on 31.12.2020
c. Essential Qualification
|Course||Percentage of Marks|
|Full Time B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg.) from recognized University/ Institute||Minimum 70% or Equivalent CGPA *|
|Electrical/ Electrical (Power)/ |
Electrical and Electronics/
Power Systems Engineering/
Power Engineering (Electrical)
& Telecommunication /
Electronics & Electrical
Final Year / Semester students who expect their final results by 14.08.2021 are also eligible to apply, provided they have obtained 70% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate of all semesters/years up to pre- final examination. In case of selection, their candidature shall be subject to their securing minimum 70% marks in essential qualification.
Such candidates need to mention their marks up to pre-final examination while filling up the online application form for POWERGRID.
RELAXATIONS AND CONCESSIONS
- The posts are identified suitable for the following subcategories of PwD:
Posts: ET (Electrical)/ ET (Electronics)/ ET (Civil)
i. Deaf & Hard of Hearing
ii. Orthopedically Handicap – One Leg/ One Arm, Dwarfism. Also includes Acid Attack victims and Leprosy Cured persons with the above disabilities
iii. Combinations of (i) and (ii) above
- Reservation/ relaxation/ concession to OBC (NCL)/ SC/ ST/EWS/ PwD/ Ex-SM/ J&K Domiciled/ Victims of riots shall be as per Government of India directives.
- Persons suffering from not less than 40% of the relevant disability shall only be eligible for the benefit for PwD.
- Relaxation in Marks in essential qualification for SC/ST/PwD candidates:
Qualifying Marks in essential qualification is relaxed to pass marks for posts reserved for the respective category/PwD Subcategory as per the final detailed advertisement to be issued before commencement of online registration.
- Relaxation in Upper Age Limit:
a) For OBC(NCL) candidates: 3 years (for posts reserved for the respective category)
b) For SC/ST candidates: 5 years (for posts reserved for the respective category)
c) For PwD candidates: 10 years over and above category relaxation
d) J&K Domicile / Ex-Servicemen/ Victims of riots: As per Govt. of India directives
- Reservation/ Relaxation / Concession for SC / ST will be subject to the submission of relevant Caste Certificate in the prescribed format issued by a competent authority at the time of application and interview if called for.
- Relaxation / Concession for J&K Domicile / Ex-Servicemen/ Victims of riots will be subject to the submission of relevant Age relaxation cum Domicile certificate /Discharge certificate etc. in the prescribed format issued by a competent authority at the time of application and interview if called for.
- Reservation and Relaxation for OBC (NCL) will be subject to the submission of a copy of the latest OBC (NCL) certificate in the format prescribed by the Govt. of India for “Appointment to posts under Govt. of India” from a competent authority at the time of application and interview if called for.
- Reservation for EWS will be subject to the submission of a copy of the latest Income and Asset Certificate issued by a Competent Authority at time of application and interview if called for.
- Reservation / Relaxation / Concession for Persons with Disability is subject to the submission of medical certificate in the prescribed format in support of disability issued by the Government Medical Board at the time of application and interview if called for.
- Candidates working in POWERGRID are advised to refer to the internal circular before filling up the application.
- Relaxation/ Concession for POWERGRID Departmental Candidates
No Upper Age Limit
Qualifying Marks in essential qualification is relaxed to 50% for General and OBC (NCL) Category.
Departmental Candidates shall also be required to qualify in the corresponding paper of GATE 2021.
No application fee for applying in POWERGRID
Trainees working in POWERGRID shall not be considered as Departmental Candidate. Please refer to Internal Circular before filling up the application for further details.
The Selection Process for the PGCIL Fresh Engineering Graduate Recruitment consists of marks obtained (out of 100) in the corresponding paper of GATE 2021, Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
Eligible candidates will have to appear for the corresponding paper of GATE 2021, i.e. Electrical Engineering (EE) / Electronics and Communication (EC) / Civil Engineering (CE).
Candidates qualified in corresponding paper of GATE 2021 shall only be eligible to be considered for the next stage of selection. Qualifying marks in GATE 2021 shall be as decided by GATE 2021 conducting authority.
Qualified candidates shall be short-listed category-wise for Group Discussion & Personal Interview based on their normalized marks out of 100 in GATE 2021, in the corresponding paper.
Candidates shall obtain information about their status through their login at the POWERGRID Online Application System. Shortlisted candidates shall be able to download their interview call letter and other relevant documents through the candidate login.
Candidates shortlisted for the Group Discussion and Interview shall be required to bring the documents as mentioned in their interview call letter.
Candidates must qualify in the Personal Interview in order to be considered for empanelment. The qualifying % in interview for different categories are as mentioned below:
|Category||Qualifying % in Interview|
|Unreserved / EWS||40%|
|OBC (NCL) / SC/ ST/ PwD||30% (for posts reserved for the corresponding category as per notification to be issued before online submission of application to POWERGRID.)|
Weightage of Different Parameters:
For calculation of final score of a candidate for empanelment, the weightages of marks obtained in GATE, Group Discussion and Interview shall be as indicated below:
|GATE 2021 Marks (out of 100) in EE Paper||85%|
Empanelment of Candidates
Candidates shortlisted for GD and interview may have to undergo psychometric assessment results of which shall be used as an input during the interview. Candidates who qualify in the Personal Interview will only be adjudged suitable for empanelment. Therefore it is again reiterated that candidates will have to qualify in GATE 2021 and in Personal Interview separately in order to be considered eligible for empanelment.
Please note that only GATE 2021 score (Normalized Marks out of 100) is valid for this recruitment process. GATE score of 2020 or prior is not valid.
The offer of appointment shall be issued to the suitable candidates in the order of category wise merit and based on the requirement. Selected candidates shall be notified through their login in Online application system.
Appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their being found medically fit in the Pre-Employment Medical Examination to be conducted as per POWERGRID Norms and Standards of Medical Fitness.
The Corporation offers a very attractive pay package and is one of the best in the Industry. Selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of Rs. 60,000 – 1,80,000/- during the one-year training period. On successful completion of training, the candidates will be absorbed as Assistant Managers in the same scale.
On regularization, the Compensation package includes Basic Pay, Dearness Allowance, Perquisites and Allowance as per cafeteria approach, Performance Related Pay, Company Leased Accommodation / Company Quarters or HRA, Reimbursement of monthly conveyance expenditure, mobile facility, PF, Gratuity, Pension & Leave encashment, Group Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance etc.
The Corporation also offers excellent facilities like Short and Long term Loans & Advances including House Building Advance, Medical facilities for self and dependents etc. to its regular employees in accordance with the policies of the organization from time to time.
Important Links for GATE 2020 Application
|Start of GATE Registration through GOAPS||14th September 2020|
|Closing Date for submission of online application||30th September 2020|
|Extended Closing Date for submission of online application||7th October 2020|
Important Links for POWERGRID Online Application
|Commencement of Online Submission of Application to POWERGRID||15th January 2021|
|Last date for Online submission of Application to POWERGRID||15th February 2021|
|Original Notification||CLICK HERE|
Explore Similar Jobs!
- IBPS Clerk 2021 Notification -Apply Online for 7855 Posts, Check Important Details. Last Date: 27-10-2021
- AU Group A B C Recruitment 2021| 412 Posts Important Details. Last Date: 23-10-2021
- UPSC Engineering Services Exam 2022 Online Form | Important Details for 247 Vacancies Last Date: 10-10-2021
- IOCL Junior Engineering Assistant Recruitment 2021 | 513 Post, Apply Online! Last Date: 12-10-2021
- Test Date: APSC Enforcement Inspector 2020 Recruitment – 5 Posts Last Date: 18-01-2021
- BECIL Recruitment 2021 – 1679 Posts Complete Details. Last Date: 20-04-2021
- Latest BECIL Various Posts Recruitment 2021 – 463 Vacancies for Employment Survey & All India Survey Complete Details. Last Date: 20-04-2021
- Cochin Shipyard Welder Recruitment 2020 – 71 Posts Last Date: 10-10-2020
- ONGC Medical Officer Recruitment 2020 – 01Posts (CLOSED)
- FCI Recruitment 2021 Category I Various Post – 89 Vacancies. Last Date: 30-03-2021
- LMRC Various Post Recruitment 2021 – Exam Date, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Salary Full Details Last Date: 02-04-2021
- DSSSB Various Post Recruitment 2021 – Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Salary Full Details Last Date: 14-04-2021
- UPRVUNL JE Recruitment 2021 – 196 Posts Complete Details. Last Date: 02-07-2021
- NHAI Deputy Manager Recruitment 2021 – 41 Posts Complete Details Last Date: 28-05-2021
- Latest NWDA Recruitment 2021 JE UDC LDC | 62 Various Posts Online Form Last Date: 25-06-2021
- NMDC Recruitment 2021 Notification – 59 Vacancies Important Details. Last Date: 15-06-2021
- UPSC IES ESE Exam 2021 – 215 Posts Engineering Services Complete Details Pre Result Declared
- IRCON Recruitment 2021 for Works Engineers- 74 Posts Complete Details. Last Date: 18-04-2021
- PPSC JE SDE Recruitment 2021 – 162 Vacancies Apply Online Complete Details. Last Date: 07-04-2021
- NMDC Recruitment 2021 ITI 304 Vacancies Complete Details Apply Online. Last Date: 15-04-2021
- UKPSC AE Recruitment 2021 | 154 Vacancies Online Application Important Details Last Date: 21-09-2021
- Latest OIL Duliajan Recruitment 2021 – 535 Vacancies Important Details Last Date: 23-09-2021
- Admit Card for MES Recruitment 2021 – 502 Posts Draughtsman Supervisor Complete Details. Last Date: 12-04-2021
- PPSC AE SDE Recruitment 2021 – 124 Vacancies Apply Online Complete Details. Last Date: 09-04-2021
- Cochin Shipyard Sheet Metal Worker Recruitment 2020 – 88 Posts Last Date: 10-10-2020
= Form filling tips =
1. Candidates should read the original notification published by (the recruiting agency) before applying. The link of the original notification is provided in the important links section.
2. Only eligible candidates who fulfil all the application criteria regarding Education, Age Limit, Experience and physical specifications if any etc. should apply.
3. Keep scanned/photocopies of all relevant documents ready before starting the online application process.
4. Kindly keep ready scanned document related to the online recruitment form such as Photo, Sign, ID Proof, Etc.
5. Before submitting the application, check carefully all the information shown in the preview.
6. Candidate required to pay application fee should pay the amount as mentioned applicable for his/her category. Please note that the process of application is not complete if the required fees are not deposited.
7. Do not forget to take a print out of the final submitted form for your future reference.
Disclaimer: All data and information relating to various jobs, examination results and marks published in this website are only for the immediate Information only an does not to be a constitute to be a legal document. While all efforts are made to make the all data and information available on this website as authentic and accurate as possible, we are not responsible for any inadvertent error that may have crept in the data or information provided in this website and for any loss to anybody or anything caused by any shortcoming, defect or inaccuracy of the Information on this website.