PPSC Jobs: The Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) selects suitable candidates for various Punjab Government jobs considering the requisite educational qualifications, skills and experience for the assigned government jobs. The commission follows a fair and transparent time-bound scientific recruitment process.
The Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) is a body created by the Constitution of India as per provisions relating to Public Service Commission, as laid down in Article 315 Chapter-II of Part-XIV of the Constitution. PPSC is headquartered at Baradari Garden, Post Box – 39, Patiala, Punjab.
The Punjab Public Service Commission came into existence on 1 April 1949 with three members including the Chairman. The current Commission comprises of a Chairman and two Members.
Check out the latest PPSC Jobs | PPSC recruitment 2021 below:
Latest Punjab Public Service Commission Jobs
Important Links for PPSC Jobs
|Announcements||Results||Download Admit Card|
|Online Application||Edit application||Print Application Form|
|Print Bank Challan||Latest Rules Notifications |
Affecting The Recruitment Process
PPSC Jobs List
The following is the list of the Punjab state Civil Services within the purview of the Punjab Public Service Commission and for which the Punjab Public Service Commission conducts combined competitive examination apart from departmental examinations conducted from time to time:
- Punjab Civil Service (Executive Branch)
- Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Food Supply and Consumer Affairs Officer
- Block Development & Panchayat Officer
- Labour and Conciliation Officer
- Assistant Registrar Co-Operative Societies
- Employment Generation and Training Officer
- Deputy Superintendent Jails / District Probation Officer (Grade-II)
PPSC Jobs: Online Registration and Application Process
Please Note: The following instructions are to guide the Candidates in filling up their Online Application Form for PPSC Jobs correctly so that they do not make mistakes, which may result in rejection of their candidature. The Candidates must read these instructions along with the “General Information for the Candidates” for the concerned post thoroughly before filling up Online Application Form. Candidates are advised to apply using the online application form much before the last date of application to avoid possible congestion of the PPSC server on account of heavy load.
- Request for change/correction in any particulars in the Online Application Form is not entertained by Punjab PSC under any circumstances.
- The Commission does not take responsibility for any consequences arising out of incorrect filling up of Online Application Form.
The online application for a PPSC Job involved the following steps:
- A candidate must register only once.
- The IP address of the computer system is recorded for security purpose. Any person who tries to upload a pseudo application or illegal photographs would be proceeded against as per law.
- The candidate must have the following ready before starting the online application process.
- A valid E-mail ID. All future correspondences with the candidate will be made with this E-mail ID.
- A valid Mobile Phone Number. The candidate may be contacted with this mobile number. It is not necessary that the mobile number provided during registration is in his/her name.
- Scanned copy of the recent colour photograph of the candidate. Format: JPEG/JPG. Dimension: width up to 206 px X height up to 240 px. File size; 10 – 40 KB
- Scanned copy of the signature of the Candidate in a white paper with Blue/Black Ink in JPEG/JPG format, File size: 10 – 40 KB.
- FILL THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
- DEPOSIT THE APPLICATION FEES. Take a print out of the system generated Bank Challan Form and deposit the application fees as shown in the challan in any branch of the State Bank of India. Please note that the fees can be deposited with the challan only after one working day after the date on which the challan was generated.
- PRINT THE SUBMITTED APPLICATION FORM. Candidate can login and access their submitted application form after one working day from the date on which the application fees was deposited in the bank.
Candidates must check carefully the last date for registration, submission of application, last date of deposit of application fees in the detailed advertisement for the post.
PPSC Jobs: Stages of Recruitment Process
The following are the step by step process for selection of the suitable candidate for a PPSC Job as per the Punjab Civil Services Rules 2009.
- Requisition of posts is received by the PPSC from the Punjab Government.
- Rectification by PPSC of any deficiency in the requisition.
- Issue of Advertisement by PPSC in leading newspapers, official website etc.
- Acceptance of Applications followed by preliminary Scrutiny and selection of eligible Candidates as per terms of the Advertisement.
- Issue of admit cards with scanned photographs and signature of the candidate to check impersonation.
- Issue of Duplicate Admit Cards.
- Preliminary Examination
- Result of Preliminary Examination.
- Receipt of application for the Main Examination.
- Scrutiny of applications for the Main Examination.
- Issue of date sheet for the Main Examination.
- Issue of Admit Card for the Main Examination including the issue of duplicate Admit Cards.
- Main Examination with adequate time available for the UPSC Preliminary or Main Examination.
- Accounting of answer books.
- Evaluation of the answer books and declaration of the main examination
- Interview for the selection of the PCS (EB) officers and for allied services.
- Recommendation list forwarded to the Punjab Government.
Brief History of Punjab Public Service Commission
It was on 1 May 1937 when the Joint Public Service Commission was formed in Lahore of undivided India, which was the initial seed of the now Punjab Public Service Commission. Subsequently, India got independence from the British governance and two newly independent countries India and Pakistan were born.
India and Pakistan revised their provisions at Shimla in February 1948, which led the establishment of the Punjab Public Service Commission with jurisdiction over the province of East Punjab. Later the Punjab, Patiala and East Punjab States Union were merged and the commission was shifted to Patiala on 1 November 1956. This commission was working under Patiala and East Punjab States Union (PEPSU)’s jurisdiction. The territorial jurisdiction of the Commission was decreased on 1 November 1966 due to the formation of the States of Haryana and Himachal Pradesh.
Functions of PPSC
Government of Punjab consults Punjab Public Service Commission in all matters relating to the recruitment of civil services and other posts of the Government as per Article 320, Part XIV of the Constitution of India. The Punjab Public Service Commission discharges the duties and functions as specified in its Regulations. The main functions and duties of the Punjab PSC are:
- To conduct competitive and civil examinations under its present jurisdiction.
- To conducting a screening test of the selected candidates.
- To frame and operate schemes as amended in the state public service commission Article, 320 under the supervision of Union Public Service Commission, if state requests.
- To make appointments to state civil services.
- To check the suitability of the candidates when promoting and transferring them from one service to another.
- Acting as an advisory body to the Govt. of Punjab on matters relating to protection and fixation of pay, in respect of Government servants, who were initially appointed as per the recommendation of the Commission.
- Conducting Departmental examinations for the Punjab Government services.
PPSC Official Helpline Contact Details
For any query regarding application form, candidates may contact the following:
|Contact Number||0175-5014811, 5014822|
|E-mail ID for General information and Enquiryemail@example.com|
The subject line should be “Technical Query Regarding the Advt. No. [Advertisement Number] “
|For Technical Helpfirstname.lastname@example.org|
For any query regarding advertisement, candidates may contact the following:
|Contact Number||0175-5014825, 5014826, 5014831|
What is the educational qualification to appear for the PPSC PCS examination?
To appear for the PPSC PCS examination, the candidate has to be a Graduate in any stream from a recognized university or institution. A candidate may be allowed to appear for the preliminary examination while studying the degree course, but the candidate must show proof of passing the graduate examination prior to appearing in the main examination. Apart from this, the candidate must have passed the matriculation examination with Punjabi as one of the compulsory or elective subject or any other examination in Punjabi language which may be specified by the government from time to time.
How many attempts can be made in the PPSC PCS examination?
Candidates are allowed to avail four (4) attempts in the PPSC PCS examination.
What are the Minimum and Maximum age for appearing in the PPSC PCS examination?
Except for Punjab Police Service, the minimum age is 21 years and the maximum age is 35 years as on first day of January of the year in which the last day falls for submission of application. In case of Punjab Police Service, The minimum and the maximum age are 21 and 28 respectively.