RPSC Jobs: The Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) selects suitable candidates for various Rajasthan Government jobs considering the requisite educational qualifications, skills and experience for the assigned government jobs. The commission follows a fair and transparent time-bound scientific recruitment process.
The Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) is a body created by the Constitution of India as per provisions relating to Public Service Commission, as laid down in Article 315 Chapter-II of Part-XIV of the Constitution. RPSC is headquartered at Jaipur Road, Ghooghara Ghati, Ajmer, Rajasthan 305001.
The Rajasthan Public Service Commission came into existence on 22nd December 1949 with three members including the Chairman.
Check out the latest RPSC Jobs | RPSC recruitment 2021 below:
Latest Rajasthan Public Service Commission Jobs
Important Links for RPSC Jobs
|Recruitment Advertisements||Tentative Exam Schedule||Tentative Interview Dates|
|Online Application||Online Exam Objections||Results|
|Downloads||Syllabus||Old Question Papers|
|Answer Keys||Mock Test||Exam Dashboard|
RPSC Jobs Selection Process
The recruitment process by the Rajasthan Public Service Commission is completed by two methods. The methods are:
- Direct recruitment through Interview alone or
- Competitive Examination with or without Interview as per the provisions as laid down in the concerning Service Rules.
In case of large number of aspirants applying for the direct recruitment posts, the Commission conducts screening tests in order to short list the candidates.
RPSC Jobs List
The RPSC conducts competitive examinations in approx 18 categories of for recruitment to various posts/services on receipt of requisitions from the Government. The following is the list of the Rajasthan State Civil Services within the purview of the Rajasthan Public Service Commission apart from departmental examinations conducted from time to time:
|S.No.||Name of Service/Post|
|1||Rajasthan State & Subordinate Services Combined Competitive Examination.|
|2||Assistant Conservator of Forest / Forest Range Officer Grade-I Combined Competitive Examination|
|3||Assistant Engineer (Civil /Mechanical /Electrical) Combined Competitive Examination|
|4||Analyst cum Programmer Competitive Examination|
|5||Programmer Competitive Examination|
|6||Sub-Inspector I Platoon Commander Combined Competitive Examination|
|7||Senior Teacher (Grade-II) Competitive Examination (For Secondary Education Department)|
|8||Physical Training Instructor (Grade II) Combined Competitive Examination (For Secondary Education Department)|
|9||Teacher (Grade II) Competitive Examination (For Sanskrit Education Department)|
|10||Headmaster (Secondary), Competitive Examination (For Secondary Education Department)|
|11||Lecturer (School Education), Competitive Examination (For Secondary Education Department)|
|12||Lecturer (College Education), Competitive Examination (For College Education Department)|
|13||Asstt. Prosecution Officer (Prosecution Deptt.) Competitive Examination|
|14||Senior Teacher (Special Education) Competitive Examination (For Secondary Education Department)|
|15||Research Assistant (Directorate Evaluation Organization)|
|16||Lecturer (Sanskrit Education), Competitive Examination (For Sanskrit Education Department)|
|17||Assistant Statistical Officer (Directorate of Economics & Statistics)|
|18||Protection Officer (Women Empowerment Department)|
RPSC Jobs: Departments and List of Posts selected through Interview Only
The Rajasthan Public Service Commission conducts interview based selection for approx 24 departments and 59 categories of posts. The list of posts of various department for which recruitment is done through interview alone are as given below:
|S.No.||Name of Department||Name of Post|
|1||Medical Education Deptt.||Asstt. Professor, Various subjects|
Senior Demonstrator, Various subjects
|2||Agriculture Deptt.||Statistical Officer|
Agriculture Research Officer (Various Subjects)
Asstt. Agriculture Research Officer (VariousSubjects)
Agriculture OfficerAsstt. Agriculture Officer
|3||Technical Education Deptt.||Lecturer various subjects|
Vice Principal/Supdt. ITI
Group Instructor, Surveyor
|4||Ground Water Deptt.||Junior Hydrogeologist|
Asstt. Engineer (Mechanical)
Technical Assistant (Chemistry)
Asstt. Engineer (Civil)
|5||Mines & Geology Deptt.||Asstt. Mining Engineer|
Asstt. Drilling Engineer
|6||Town Planning Deptt.||Assistant Town Planner|
Town Planning Assistant
|8||Medical, Health & Family Welfare||Dietician|
|9||Home Guards & Civil Defence Deptt.||Deputy Commandant|
|10||M.M.M. Govt. Ayurveda College,Udalpur||Acharya (Various Subjects)|
Sahayak Acharya (Various Subjects)
|11||Planning Deptt.||Statistical OfficerEvaluation Officer|
|12||Information and Public Relation Deptt.||Public Relation Officer|
Asstt. Public Relation Officer
|13||Archaeology and Museum Deptt.||Curator|
Exploration and Excavation Officer
|14||State Archives Deptt.||Archivist|
|15||Energy Deptt.||Asstt. Electrical inspector|
|16||Rajasthan State Motor Garage Deptt.||Divisional Superintendent|
|17||Fisheries Deptt.||Fisheries Development Officer|
Asstt. Fisheries Development Officer
|18||Forensic Science Laboratory Deptt.||Senior Scientific Officer (Various Subjects)|
|19||Public Health Engineering Deptt.||Senior Chemist|
|20||Hydrogeology Deptt.||Junior Chemist|
|21||Animal Husbandry Deptt.||Veterinary Officer|
|22||Factories & Boilers Deptt.||Asstt. Director (ISMTC) (F&B)|
|23||Social Welfare Deptt.||Distt. Probation Cum-Social Welfare Officer|
|24||Social Justice & Empowerment Deptt.||Probation & Prison Welfare Officer|
RPSC Jobs: Online Registration and Application Process
Recently the Rajasthan Public Service Commission has introduced the OnlineApplication System through more advanced State integrated Recruitment portal based on Rajasthan Single Sign-On (Raj SSO).
- For the facility of candidates, the following Online Application/Edit Process with e-Mitra/CSC/Online payment mechanism has been described herewith. Candidates are suggested to follow the document so that they can applying without any difficulty.
The online application for a RPSC Job involved the following steps:
1. Registration or log in with SSO
- Login to https://sso.rajasthan.gov.in for Applying Online. If the candidate is not registered on SSO, then he/she can click on the “Register” button and choose available options. After registering, Candidate can enter their SSO ID and password in order to log in. After Log in they will be redirected to the SSO dashboard.
- Under the SSO Dashboard Candidate can select the “Recruitment Portal” App. Under the Recruitment Portal, three sections namely,
- My Applications,
- Notifications and
- Ongoing Recruitments are displayed.
- If the candidate is a Rajasthan Govt. Employee and the candidate have earlier registered with Citizen SSO ID and want to apply through a Govt. ID, then the following option comes where the Candidate can move his/her data from Old SSO ID to new SSO ID. But for this, candidates have to first disable his/her previous existing citizen SSO ID on SSO Portal.
2. Steps to Fill the Application form
- Under the “Ongoing Recruitments” Section, All the Advertisements that are being advertised by RPSC are displayed. Candidate can click on “View More” button to see the complete list of all the Recruitments. By clicking on the recruitment name, post wise detailed advertisement is displayed. Candidate can apply for any Recruitment by clicking on the “Apply Now” link of respective advertisement. After this, the Candidate will see a popup screen as follows:
- Candidates have to first select his/her Nationality. If you are non-Indian, please select the Non-Indian option. If you are an Indian, then enter Your Aadhaar number and then verify through OTP. Choose the above option carefully because if selected, then this option won’t be changed in any case. Then click on the Next button.
NOTE: If the candidate does not have Aadhaar or the mobile number is not linked with Aadhaar then he/she can select ‘Skip Aadhaar’ verification option to fill form.
- After clicking on the Next button, the candidate will be redirected to Post Selection page. Candidate has to carefully select their Post because in any case, it will NOT be changed in future. Then after selecting the post, the candidate will be redirected to the Basic details page of the application form.
- The various fields in the Basic Details tab are shown below, the fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory. These fields include Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Gender, DOB, Category, Religion, Marital Status, Mobile, E-Mail, Address, Pin, etc. Fill in each filed with appropriate details and then click on Next.
- After filling various fields and clicking on Next, a verification dialogue box appears. Click on Proceed if you have verified all the details. After this, they will be redirected to the Personal Details tab.
- Personal details tab has fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory. The fields are namely Nationality, Home state, Home district, From Which Country, Settled in India from Other Country. Personal details also include other fields like Special category (Ex-Serviceman, Ex-prisoner, Outstanding Sports Persons, NCC Cadet, etc) and Additional category (Panchayat Samiti/Zila Parishad State Public Undertaking Employee, Ministerial Employee, Non-Gazetted, Rajasthan Govt. Employee, Departmental Employee, Reservist, etc). After entering the above fields, Candidate can click on the Next button in order to move to the next tab i.e. Qualification/Education tab by clicking on the Next button.
- Education Qualification details tab has the fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory as per the Recruitment Advertisement. Education Qualification details have fields like – Name of Exam, Subject Group, Name of School/Board/University, Roll no., Year of Passing- Result, Grade/Percentage. Candidate can add debarred details (if any) and experience details (if any) also. After entering the above fields, the candidate can move on to the next section i.e. Identification & Enclosure tab by clicking on the Next button.
NOTE: If candidate comes across any exceptional case in filling Educational Qualification/Experience details, then they can fill Notional (Imaginary) Data in these fields and after filling application form, should inform Commission in writing, alongwith appropriate documents and filled application form copy.
- Under the Identification & Enclosure details tab, Photographs and Signature Upload (Both Hindi & English) and Body mark are there. Photo & Signature must be in required size and dimensions. After entering the above fields, Candidates will be directed to see the preview of the application form by clicking on Next button or Candidates can go to any previous section by clicking on the Back button.
- On the Application Preview Page, all the details filled by candidate are displayed. Candidate MUST ensure that all the details entered by them must be correct according to them. If candidate finds any details to be filled, then he/she can click on “Update” button and fill required details. At the end of preview, fee submission status is displayed. Alongwith this, a declaration is displayed, for which the candidate has to tick and then proceed to fee payment by clicking on “Pay Fee” button.
- Pay Fee button will show the following Payment Summary Screen. Candidate are now redirected to Fee Payment Page
3. Steps for Application Fee Payment
- After this, Payment Gateway will appear where the Candidate/Emitra Kiosk can choose Bank/Wallet option and make payment. After making successful payment, the page will redirect back to Recruitment Portal. An Application ID will be generated and Fee status will be updated then. Candidate can View/Download his/her submitted application by clicking on “View Application” of the Corresponding Exam under “My Applications” Tab.
- Candidate must ensure that they have received the Application ID after application form submission. Application ID ensures that your application has been successfully submitted to RPSC. In case of Application ID is not received, then the application is NOT accepted by the System. Along with this, candidates must take a printout copy of the application filled by them.
- If due to some reason the fee amount is deducted from Candidate‟s/Emitra Kiosk‟s Bank/Wallet Account and payment fails, then the Candidate/Kiosk can verify the transaction by clicking on “Verify” button.
4. My Applications
- If the form is filled partially by the candidate/kiosk, then his/her recruitment will appear in the section of “My Applications”. Candidate/Kiosk can complete the form filling process by clicking on “Apply Now” button. Candidate can view his/her completed application form by clicking on “View Application” under My Applications section. Candidate can also edit their application form by clicking on “Edit Application” link (till last date if allowed) under My Application section. Alternatively, the candidate can click on “My Recruitment” link and then under the “Applied recruitment” tab, list of advertisements whom which the candidate has applied, is listed. Each of the applied recruitment has following buttons – Apply now/Closed, Edit Application, Get Admit Card, Get Result which has their usual meanings.
- If candidate feels to edit his/her application, then he/she can click on “Edit Application” Button corresponding to the recruitment applied by him/her. After this, the following screen will be displayed. Candidate can click on “Send OTP” button in order to get OTP on his registered mobile number and then authenticate themselves by entering OTP and proceed further. After authentication, the full form filled earlier by candidates gets displayed with fields open for editing that are allowed by Commission. Candidate can edit the form, and then proceed similarly for payment and after editing; candidates can view their edited application.
5. Update Profile
- If the candidate wants to update their profile, they can click on the “Update Profile” option given as indicated below, Thereafter, Update Profile details are displayed. Recruitment portal maintains a separate profile for each candidate registered. The profile of the registered candidate has 9 different sections including the Personal details, Communication details, Domicile Details, Additional category details, Qualification details, Work experience details, Debarred details and Identification details.
5.1 Personal Details
- In the Personal details section of the profile, the various fields that are marked with (*), are mandatory. The candidate is expected to fill these entries to update his form. These fields include Candidate name, Father‟s name, Mother‟s name, Gender, Date of birth, Gender, Marital Status, Category, Religion and Body Mark, Spouse Name, Marriage Registration Number and No. of Living Children (If Married). Apart from these fields, the candidate can fetch his/her data by verifying through OTP based on Nationality and Aadhaar ID or Bhamashah ID. The various other fields are Candidate name in Hindi, Father’s name in Hindi, Mother’s name in Hindi, Spouse Name in Hindi.
5.2 Communication Details
- The communication details section of the profile include fields like Mobile, Email, and Permanent Address line 1, City/Village/Post, State, District, Pin code that is to be filled compulsorily as they are marked (*) mandatory. Candidate can check the “Same as above” if his correspondence address or permanent address is the same after filling all the details.
5.3 Domicile Details
- Under the Domicile Details Section of Profile, Select one option from TSP Area/Sahariya/None. After this, Nationality, Home state, Home district, Tehsil/City, Settled in India from Other Country and from which Country (If settled) fields are to be filled mandatorily.
5.4 Additional Details
- Under the Additional Category details section of Profile, if the candidate lies under given categories, then he/she can Mark that category with details to be provided. These categories include Specially Able Category, Ex-Serviceman, Outstanding Sports Person, Ex-prisoner, and Departmental Employee. Candidate can select additional categories given below above options if they belong to them.
5.5 Education Qualification
- Under the Educational Qualification details of Profile, Candidates can add their Qualification. For this, click on the “Add” button. The mandatory fields under the dialog box are Qualification Group, Qualification type, Name of Exam, Name of School/Board, Subject Group, Subject details, Roll no., Year of Passing, Duration (in months), Result, Grade/Percentage/CGPA, Maximum Marks, Marks Obtained. Candidates can upload the required document with this. After this, click on “Add” Button. Likewise, candidates can add all Qualification one by one.
5.6 Experience Details
- Under the Experience Details of Profile, Candidates can add their Experience. For this, click on the “Add” button. The mandatory fields under the dialogue box are Experience Type, Experience Name, From Date, To Date, Service Duration, Name of Employer, Type of employment and Designation. Candidate can also fill To Date, Pay Scale Grade Pay and required document. After this, click on “Add” Button. Likewise, candidates can add all Qualification one by one.
5.7 Debarred Details
- If the candidate was debarred from any Board/Commission/Recruiting Body, then he/she can give the details as – Name of Board/Commission, Order Number, Order Date, Name of Exam, Exam Date, Period for which debarred and then click on “Save & Next” button.
5.8 Identification Details
- This section provides the facility to upload documents to the profile of the candidate that includes Photograph, Signature in Hindi, Signature in English, Aadhaar Photo
5.9 Enclosure Details
- Candidate can add Documents in enclosure details that include Type of Document, Document Name, Issue No., Issue Date, Valid From and Valid Date. After filling details of this section, the candidate will click on the “Save” button, the form will be saved.
RPSC Jobs: Stages of Recruitment Process
The following are the step by step process for selection of the suitable candidate for a RPSC Job.
- Requisition of posts is received by the RPSC from the Rajasthan Government.
- Rectification by RPSC of any deficiency in the requisition.
- Issue of Advertisement by RPSC in leading newspapers, official website etc.
- Acceptance of Applications followed by preliminary Scrutiny and selection of eligible Candidates as per terms of the Advertisement.
- Issue of admit cards with scanned photographs and signature of the candidate to check impersonation.
- Issue of Duplicate Admit Cards.
- Preliminary Examination
- Result of Preliminary Examination.
- Receipt of application for the Main Examination.
- Scrutiny of applications for the Main Examination.
- Issue of date sheet for the Main Examination.
- Issue of Admit Card for the Main Examination including the issue of duplicate Admit Cards.
- Main Examination with adequate time available for the UPSC Preliminary or Main Examination.
- Accounting of answer books.
- Evaluation of the answer books and declaration of the main examination
- Interview for the selection of the PCS (EB) officers and for allied services.
- Recommendation list forwarded to the Rajasthan Government.
Brief History of Rajasthan Public Service Commission
The institution of Public Service Commission existed in only Jaipur, Jodhpur and Bikaner of the 22 covenanting states at the time of formation of Rajasthan. After the formation of the state by merger of the princely states, the successor administration promulgated an ordinance on 16th August, 1949 establishing the Rajasthan Public Service Commission and abolition of the PSCs or other institution performing duties in the nature of those of a PSC in the constituent states. This was subsequently published in Raj. Gazette at 20th August, 1949.
The notification regarding appointment was published in the Rajasthan Gazettee on 22th December, 1949 and it was on this date that Rajasthan Public Service Commission came into effect. The ordinance also provided for the composition of the Commission, the staff and the functions of the Commission.
The initial composition of the Commission was a Chairman and two Members. Sir S.K.Ghosh (also the then Chief Justice of Rajasthan) was appointed the first Chairman with Shri Devishankar Tiwari and Shri N.R. Chandorkar as members. In order to regulate the working of the Commission, the Rajpramukh issued the following Regulations under the provisions of the Constitution of India in the year 1951:
- The Rajasthan Public Service Commission (Conditions of Service) Regulation, 1951 and
- The Rajasthan Public Service Commission (Limitation of Functions) Regulation, 1951.
Apart from the Constitutional provisions, the functioning of the Rajasthan Public Service Commission is also regulated by Rajasthan Public Service Commission Rules & Regulation, 1963, Rules framed by the Rajasthan Public Service Commission for the conduct of their Business and the Rajasthan Public Service Commission (Regulations and validation of Procedure ordinance 1975 & Act 1976).
Functions of RPSC
Government of Rajasthan consults Rajasthan Public Service Commission in all matters relating to the recruitment of civil services and other posts of the Government as per Article 320, Part XIV of the Constitution of India. The Rajasthan Public Service Commission discharges the duties and functions as specified in its Regulations. The main functions and duties of the Rajasthan PSC are:
- To conduct competitive and civil examinations under its present jurisdiction.
- To conducting a screening test of the selected candidates.
- To frame and operate schemes as amended in the state public service commission Article, 320 under the supervision of Union Public Service Commission, if state requests.
- To make appointments to state civil services.
- To check the suitability of the candidates when promoting and transferring them from one service to another.
- Acting as an advisory body to the Govt. of Rajasthan on matters relating to protection and fixation of pay, in respect of Government servants, who were initially appointed as per the recommendation of the Commission.
- Conducting Departmental examinations for the Rajasthan Government services.
RPSC Official Helpline Contact Details
For any assistance, candidates may contact the following:
|Office Address||Jaipur Road, Ghooghara Ghati, Ajmer, Rajasthan 305001|