SPSC Jobs: The Sikkim Public Service Commission (SPSC) selects suitable candidates for various Sikkim Government departments considering the requisite educational qualifications, skills and experience for the assigned government jobs. The selection process is fair and transparent. The commission follows a time-bound scientific recruitment process.
The Sikkim Public Service Commission (SPSC) is a body created by the Constitution of India as per provisions relating to Public Service Commission, as laid down in Chapter-II of Part-XIV of the Constitution. SPSC is headquartered at Old Tourism Building, M. G Marg, Gangtok. The SPSC came into existence in the year 1978 but started functioning in 1982 with the appointment of the Chairman.
Check out the latest SPSC recruitment 2021 below:
Governor of Sikkim appoints the Chairman and Members of the Commission. All the members of the commission including the Chairman can serve the commission for a maximum period of six years or till he/she attains the age of 62 years whichever is earlier.
Brief History of SPSC
Sikkim became an integral part of the Indian Union in May 1975. In the year 1978, the Constitutional Provision under Article 315 to have a Public Service Commission for the State was fulfilled by constituting a State Public Service Commission. After its establishment in 1978, Sikkim had to wait for another four years till 1982 when the first Chairman of the Public Service Commission was appointed and other staffs were deputed from the state government to see a fully functional Sikkim Public Service Commission.
The Sikkim Public Service Commission has been entrusted with the work of recruiting Group-‘C’ and Group-‘B’ posts. The promotion of all Gazetted Posts of the Sikkim Government, disciplinary matters and other matters entrusted by the State Government as per Sikkim Public Service Commission (Exemption from Consultation) Regulations, 1986 as amended from time to time are also carried out by the Commission. In addition, SPSC is also been conducting Union Public Service Commission examinations.
The Commission started functioning from different rented buildings, till it was shifted to the current location of Old Tourism Building, M. G Marg, Gangtok.
Functions of SPSC
Government of Sikkim consults SPSC In all matters relating to the recruitment of civil services and other posts of the Government as per Article 320, Part XIV of the Constitution of India. The Sikkim Public Service Commission discharges the duties and functions as specified in its Regulations. The main functions and duties of the SPSC are:
- Recruitment to services & posts under the State through the conduct of competitive examinations.
- Recruitment to services & posts under the State Government by Selection through Interviews;
- Advising on the suitability of officers for appointment on promotion;
- Advising Government on all matters relating to methods of Recruitment to various services & posts;
- Disciplinary cases relating to all government employees; and
- Miscellaneous matters relating to grant of extra ordinary pensions, reimbursement of legal expenses etc.
Examinations conducted by SPSC | SPSC Jobs
SPSC selects suitable candidates for various Sikkim Government jobs as per the requisition of various departments. Mentioned below is the list of various posts under the Government of Sikkim for which the selection process is conducted by SPSC.
- Assistant Professor
- Multi-Purpose Health Worker
- Drug Inspector
- Food Safety Officer (F.S.O)
- General Duty Medical Officer (G.D.M.O.)
- Digital Project Analyst & Software Developer
- Assistant Programmer
- Paramedical Staff
- Sub Inspector (Excise) Abk.
- Staff Nurse
- SI Sikkim Police
- Veterinary Officer and Equivalent
- Dental Surgeon (Junior Grade)
- Assistant Engineer (Agriculture)
- Commercial Tax Inspector
- Assistant Engineer (Civil/Electrical)
- Livestock Assistant
- Revenue Surveyor
- Revenue Inspector
- Staff Nurse (G.N.M)
- LDC (Lower Division Clerk)
- Accounts Clerk
Important Links for SPSC Recruitment 2021
|FORM A||Online Application||Question Bank|
|Self Attestation Form||OMR Sheet Instructions|
What is SPSC Sikkim Civil Services Exam recruitment?
Sikkim Public Service Commission (State Civil Services Exam) is the examination to select suitable candidates for various Sikkim Government job openings.
Does SPSC Sikkim Civil Services examination is conducted every year?
The State Civil Services Exam (CCE) is conducted by the Sikkim Public Service Commission (SPSC) every year to select suitable candidates for Sikkim Government jobs. Candidates are advised to refer the official website for announcement of the examination.
Eligibility Criteria and the age limit for appearing in the SPSC Sikkim Civil Services?
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must hold a bachelors degree from a recognised university. Candidates having a degree equivalent to graduation are also eligible to apply.
- Number of Attempts: There is a limit on the number of attempts laid down by the commission
|General categories||Maximum 4 attempts allowed.|
|OBC candidates||Maximum 7 attempts allowed.|
|SC/ST candidates||No limit|
|The minimum age||21 Years|
|Maximum Age||35 Years|
What is the age relaxation offered for SPSC Jobs?
The age relaxation is offered to SC, ST, OBC, MOBC and Persons with Disabilities.
What is the selection process for SPSC Sikkim Civil Services ?
The SPSC SCS selection is a two-step process. They are:
- Preliminary Examination and
- Main Examination followed by Interview.
Candidates who clears the preliminary examination must appear for the main examination. The shortlisted candidates from the main examination are called for interview for final selection.
Pattern of SPSE (Preliminary) Examination
The preliminary examination for SPSC SCS consists of two (2) papers of General Studies.
- The Preliminary exam is of objective type.
- The Preliminary exam is only a qualifying exam. Marks obtained in the prelims round provide an entry to the main exam.
- Questions to appear in English only.
- Negative marking applicable for the wrong answers. 1/3rd of marks is deducted for every wrong answer.
|Paper||Total Marks||Duration||Paper Type|
|Genereal Studies-I||200 (100 Questions)||2 Hrs.||Objective Type|
|Genereal Studies-II||200 (80 Questions)||2 Hrs.||Objective Type|
Syllabus for SPSC (Preliminary) Examination
|General Studies-I : (200 Marks)||General Studies-II : (200 Marks)|
|1. Current affairs at local, national and international level.|
2. Indian history and freedom struggle movement.
3. Indian geography and world geography.
4. Physical, social, economic geography.
5. Indian polity and constitution.
6. Governance and bureaucracy,
7. Indian political system and rural panchayat raj.
8. Public policy development and five-year plans.
9. Rights, duties and impending issues.
10. Social and economic development of India.
11. Poverty and social welfare measures.
12. Ecology, environment and biodiversity.
13. General elements of science.
2. Interpersonal skills including communication skills
3. Logical reasoning and analytical ability
4. Decision-making and problem solving
5. General mental ability
6. Basic numeracy and Data interpretation (Class X level)
Details of SPSC Main Examination
- The mains exam consists of 3 papers, i.e. (General Awareness, General English & Optional Subject)
- Paper are descriptive by nature.
- Each paper carries 200 marks.
- Marks obtained in mains exam shall provide an entry for the candidate into the interview round.
- Mains marks are considered for the final calculation of marks.
SPSC Main Examination Syllabus
|Paper-I: General Awareness||Paper-II: General English|
|1. Current affairs|
2. English grammar and vocabulary.
3. Comprehension and unseen passage.
4. Essay writing.
5. English language usage.
6. Maths problems and numeric ability.
7. General knowledge of Sikkim state.
8. Essay writing.
9. Important dates and events.
10. Indian, history, culture, geography, economy and festivals.
|1. Synonyms, antonyms.|
2. Idioms and phrases.
3. Sentence completion.
4. Paragraph and precise writing.
5. Spellings and error spotting questions.
6. Joining sentences with correct linking words.
SPSC Application Fees
Application fee of Sikkim Public Service Commission, Rs. 150/- only. No processing fee or a service charge is levied by the Sikkim Public Service Commission from the candidates for online payment. However, the candidates need to pay the charges as applicable for the merchant banks / online gateway charges.
Fee once paid will not be refunded by the SPSC. However, the candidates may file his/her claim with the Controller of Examination, Sikkim Public Service Commission in case of any excess payment for any reason whatsoever,
SPSC Admit Card
The Sikkim Public Service Commission releases the Sikkim PSC admit cards separately for the prelims, mains, and personality test. The admit card will be available on the official website of the commission. The steps to download SPSC 2021 admit card is as described under:
- Visit the official website of Sikkim PSC.
- Check the “Quick Links” section.
- Locate the link to download the admit card for SPSC 2021.
- Provide applicant Id and date of birth details.
- Upon validation, the admit card shall be displayed.
- Download, save and take a print out of the document
How to apply for the SPSC Sikkim Civil Services?
Candidates must apply online at the official website of SPSC. Detailed instructions for application are available at the website.
Note: Registration of Candidates into the Recruitment Portal is a one-time process and it can be done in two simple steps.
- Filling up the Online Application Form
- Uploading a recent colour passport size photograph of the candidate signed at the bottom of the photograph.
IMPORTANT POINTS WHILE REGISTERING:
- Candidates must have a valid email address.
- Scan a recent colour passport size photograph of the candidate along with signature at the bottom of the photograph. (File format .jpg/.jpeg. File size: less than 50 KB). In case the candidate does not have a scanned photograph at the time of registration, the same may be uploaded later by logging into the web site and clicking on the ‘Upload Enclosures’ link.
- Candidates need not upload any other documents other than the photograph with signature at the bottom.
- Fill the Online Registration Form.
- After submitting the form, the candidate will be re-directed to a page to upload a scanned copy of your photograph (with your signature at the bottom).
- The candidate can immediately log into the web site after filling in the Online Registration Form using the email id and password provided in the Registration Form. Please note that the registration will not be accepted unless the photograph is uploaded.
- Candidates are advised to ensure that they fulfil all the criteria as mentioned in the advertisement before applying for the post. Merely registering with the website does not imply that the candidate has applied for the job.
Helpline for SPSC Online Regiatration & Application
For any assistance, the candidates may mail to the Administrator at email@example.com
SPSC Selection process for Direct Recruitment
Recruitment by the Sikkim Public Service Commission is made by one of the following two methods:
- Direct Recruitment and
Direct Recruitment is conducted broadly under the following two methods:
- Recruitment by competitive examination.
- Recruitment by selection through interview.
Recruitment By Competitive Examination:
- Under the Constitution, one of the functions of the Commission is to conduct examinations for appointment to Civil Services/Posts of the State.
- The Commission usually conducts various examinations every year on an all India basis. These include Examinations for recruitment to services/posts in various fields, such as Civil Services, Engineering, Medical and Forest Service, etc.
- For an overview of examinations regularly held by the Commission. See “Overview of Examination” under this Chapter.
- At present, the Sikkim Public Service Commission conduct their examinations at Gangtok only.
Recruitment by Selection is made by the following methods:
- By Interview Only.
- By Recruitment Test Followed By Interview.
By Interview Only:
- The Commission directly interviews all the candidates.
- By Written Test Followed By Interview.
- All the written examinations consist of three papers, viz. General English, General Knowledge and the subject paper followed by the interview.
Appointment By Promotion :
- In accordance with the procedure decided by the Government, in consultation with the Commission, Chairman or a Member of the Commission presides over the Departmental Promotion Committee Meetings to consider promotions from Group C to Group A subject to the Sikkim Public Service Commission Exemption from Consultations) Regulations, 1986.
How to contact Sikkim Public Service Commission
|Address||Old Tourism Building|
M. G. Marg,Gangtok