TPSC Jobs: The Tripura Public Service Commission (TPSC) selects suitable candidates for various Tripura Government departments considering the requisite educational qualifications, skills and experience for the assigned government jobs. The selection process is fair and transparent. The commission follows a time-bound scientific recruitment process.
The Tripura Public Service Commission (TPSC) is a body created by the Constitution of India as per provisions relating to Public Service Commission, as laid down in Chapter-II of Part-XIV of the Constitution. Tripura Public Service Commission was established on 30th October 1972. TPSC is headquartered at Akhaura Road Agartala, Tripura.
The Chairman and other Members of the Commission are appointed by the Governor of Tripura. A member of the Tripura Public Service Commission holds office for a term six years from the date on which he enters upon his office or until he attains the age of Sixty – two years whichever is earlier.
Check out the latest TPSC recruitment 2021 below:
Latest Tripura Jobs
Examinations conducted by TPSC | TPSC Jobs
TPSC selects suitable candidates for various Tripura Government jobs as per the requisition received from various departments/Tripura Government. Mentioned below is the list of various posts and services for which the selection process is conducted by TPSC.
Services and Posts under Scheduled Examination of TPSC Recruitment
- The Tripura Civil Service and the Tripura Police Service.
- The Tripura Forest Service.
- The Tripura Judicial Service.
- The Tripura Engineering Service.
- Forest Ranger.
- The Tripura Government Stenographers’ Service.
- Sub Inspector of Police.
- Any other post(s) as may be referred to the Commission by the State Government which have specific syllabus and examination pattern in service rules.
Services and Posts under Non-Scheduled examination of TPSC Recruitment
The following is the list of posts and services which fall under the purview of Non-Scheduled Examinations of Tripura Public Service Commission. Please note that this list is not is not conclusive, but subject to addition of new posts by TPSC if necessary.
|Accounts Officer||Head Instructor|
|Accounts Officer (Commercial)||Head Master/ Head Mistress Higher Secondary School|
|Agricultural Officer (TAFS)||Information & Cultural Officer|
|Archivist||Inspecting Officer, Drugs|
|Assistant Headmaster/Assistant Headmistress, Higher Secondary Schools||Inspector|
|Assistant Programmer||Inspector, Factories|
|Associate Professor in A.G.M.C.||Inspector, Hand loom|
|Asstt, Director Employment.||Inspector, Legal Metrology|
|Asstt. Chief Electoral Officer||Inspector, Motor Vehicles|
|Asstt. Commandant, TSR.||Inspector, Weights & Measures.|
|Asstt. Statistical Officer.||Instructor, Panchayat Department|
|Asstt. Town & Country Planning.||Joint Director|
|Blind Educator||Jr. Scientific Officer (Chemistry)|
|Chemist||Junior Architect (Degree)|
|Controller of Examinations.||Junior Medical Officer/General Duty Medical Officer.|
|Demonstrator||Junior Scientific Officer (Chemistry)|
|Dental Surgeon, T.D.S.Gr.IV.||Junior Scientific Officer (Pharmacology)|
|Deputy Director||Law Officer-Cum- Draftsman.|
|Deputy Director||Lecturer (DIET)|
|Deputy Director||Lecturer in District Institution of Education & Training.|
|Deputy Director (Science Promotion)||Lecturer in Polytechnic Institute/Sculpture/ T.I.T./ |
Kok-Borok/ Govt. College of Arts &Craft/
Women’s Polytechnic Institute/
Tripura Engineering College
|Deputy Manager||Lecturer, in Pharmacy|
|District Inspector of School (H.S.) School.||Librarian|
|Dy. Director, Prosecution||Librarian|
|Employment Officer(Spl.)||Librarian, L.Rs. Cell.|
|Estate Manager||Library-cum- Assistant.|
|Financial Controller.||Manager (Marketing & Raw Materials)|
|Fishery Officer, TFFS Grade-I (Technical).||Manager(Credit)|
|Fodder Officer or Tripura Agri. Officer||Medical Officer (Allopathic)|
|Food Officer Gr-II||PEO|
|Foreman, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||Pharmacy, Pharmaceutics & pharmacology.|
|Foreman/ Instructor TEC.||Principal, Govt. (General) College.|
|Forensic Digital Analyst||Principal, Govt. College of Arts and Crafts.|
|General Manager||Principal, I.T.I.|
|Geologist||Principal, Institute of Advanced Studies in Education (IASE).|
|Guidance Officer||Principal, Sachin Deb Barma Govt. Music College.|
|Principal, T.I.T.||Speech Educator|
|Public Relation Officer||State Employment Officer|
|Professor in Technical Engg.||Statistical Officer|
|Project Officer||Statistical Officer|
|Project Officer||Sub-Inspector of Police (Men & Women),UB/AB.|
|Public Analyst||Supervisor (Technical)|
|Research Assistant||Tabulation Officer|
|Research Officer||Technical Assistant|
|Research Officer||Under Secretary, Law|
|Revenue Inspector||Veterinary Assistant Surgeon, TVS. Gr.-V|
|Sub Inspector of Excise.||Works Manager|
|Scientific Officer||Workshop Superintendent, Tripura Engineering College|
|Senior Librarian||Senior Instructor (Mechanical)|
|Senior Coach, Selection Grade.||Senior Programmer, Polytechnic Institute.|
|Senior Informatics Officer.||Senior Receptionist|
|Senior Instructor (Electrical)||Senior Scientific Officer|
|Senior Instructor (Handloom)|
Particulars of Scheduled Exams of TPSC Recruitment
|Services and the Posts||Stages of Examination|
|Tripura Civil Service and Police Service Examination|
Tripura Forest Service
Tripura Judicial Service
|(a) Preliminary examination (Objective type)|
(b) Main examination
(c) Personality test/Viva Voce
|Tripura Engineering Service||(a) Main examination (Conventional type-written) of (i) Compulsory papers. and (ii) Optional papers.|
(b) Interview-cum-personality test
|Forest Ranger||(a) Written examination,|
(b) Physical endurance test, (Conducted by the Forest Department, Govt. of Tripura)
(c) Interview/personality test.
|Tripura Government Stenographers’ Service||(a) Preliminary examination,|
(b) Typewriting (2nd stage)
(c) Shorthand writing & transcription (3rd stage)
(d) Main examination (4th stage)
|Sub-Inspector of Police|
|(a) Physical efficiency test.|
(b) Written/Screening Test.
(c) Personality test/Interview.
Fee Structure for TPSC Job | TPSC Recruitment
The fee structure for different category of jobs for which the selection process is conducted by the Tripura Public Service Commission are as follows:
|Type of Examination||Fees for Unreserved Candidates||Fees for SC/ST/PH and BPL Candidates|
|TCS and TPS/TFS Examination||Rs. 300/-||Rs. 250/-|
|Other Scheduled Examination||Rs. 250/-||Rs. 150/-|
|Group-A post||Rs. 300/-||Rs. 250/-|
|Group-B post||Rs. 250/-||Rs. 150/-|
|Group-C post||Rs. 150/-||Rs. 100/-|
All recruitment fees to be paid through the online payment gateway only. Recruitment fees once paid are non-refundable.
Reservation for different categories in TPSC Job
Reservation for different categories in TPSC Job are
What is the cut-off mark to qualifying in a screening test for TPSC Job?
The qualifying marks for different categories for TPSC Job are
|UR(Differently Abled), UR (Ex-Servicemen)||30|
|SC, SC(Differently Abled), SC (Ex-Servicemen)||30|
|ST, ST(Differently Abled), ST (Ex-Servicemen)||25|
Note: In case of any difficulty arises while applying cut-off marks for Non-Scheduled Examinations, the Commission after due consideration of the facts and circumstances may make a change in cut-off marks, before the Interview/Personality test.
How to register online for TPSC Job?
Candidates should register online only through the Commission’s Official Website CLICK HERE
Is One Time Registration mandatory to apply for TPSC Jobs?
One Time Registration (OTR) is mandatory before applying for any post. The candidate should have scanned image of their photograph (in Colour or Black and White with clear contrast) and signature ready for OTR. A valid e-mail ID or Mobile Number is mandatory for registration. Email ID and Mobile Number should always be kept active. TPSC will send all communications and messages through the registered email ID and Mobile Numbers.
A candidate is permitted to create only one registration ID in One Time Registration. Any violation of this instruction will lead to rejection of subsequent online applications.
Candidates should note that One Time Registration is not an application for any post. It is a collection of information from the candidates and giving a separate dashboard to each candidate to facilitate them to maintain their own profile.
Specification for Photo and Signature for TPSC Registration
While uploading the photograph and signature, the candidates should take note of the following:
- The photograph should be
- in colour against a white background
- Size 170 px (Height) X 130 px (Width)
- File size: 20 KB to 50 KB
- Format: jpg/jpeg
- Should be without wearing any Cap or Goggles
- Wearing of spectacle is allowed
- The applicant should be photographed in frontal view showing both ears and part of the neck.
- The signature should be
- Signed with Blue/Black pen on a white background
- Size of the signature is 90 px (Height) X 100 px (Width)
- File size: 20 KB to 50 KB.
- Format: jpg/jpeg
Once the online application has been submitted, the candidates shall not be permitted to change their photograph and signature
How to apply for a TPSC Job?
Candidates should apply for a TPSC Job through the commission’s official website. It is advisable not to wait till the last date to apply for a TPSC Jobs application as due to heavy load in the server, the candidate may face problems to submit online application smoothly.
Please note that all the particulars mentioned in the online application including Name of the Candidate, Post Applied for, Communal Category, Date of birth, Address, Email ID, Centre of Examination etc. will be considered as final.
The application process flow of Tripura Public Service Commission is shown below:
The step-by-step guide for online application for a TPSC Job is mentioned below:
- Go to the official registration/application site of www.tpsconline.in.
- NEW USER CREATION/CREATE USER ACCOUNT
- Click on New User Registration button on the bottom right-hand side of the page.
- Fill all mandatory information (marked with *) and click on Create User button.
- After clicking on Create User button, if all input is proper then the system will be showing “Your account registered successfully, Please login again to apply“. Click on OK
- Note down your Username and Password created during the registration process.
- PROFILE CREATION (ONE TIME ACTIVITY)
- Login into www.tpsconline.in with Registered User Name and Password. The home page will be shown. Click on the checkbox “I have read the instructions” and then on the GO button as shown below
- Login into system with Registered User Name and Password. The home page will get open as shown below. It will display Application Step as well as What’s New related to TPSC advertisements & Examinations.
- Click on Profile Creation button from the left menu to fill candidate’s information.
- The profile is divided into 6 Steps. They are:
- Personal Details
- Address Details
- Other Details
- Educational Qualifications
- Work Experience Details and
- Upload Photo and Signature
- Fill data and click on the SAVE button to save filled data and to go to the Next Step (Profile). Initially, Profile Status will be shown as Incomplete
- Step 1 – Personal Details: This step captures candidate’s personal information like Full name, Date of Birth, Domicile State, Disability, Caste/Category etc.
- After entering all details, click on the SAVE button to save filled data in personal detail and then click on the NEXT button to proceed next page.
- Similarly, complete all the remaining five steps. Note: In the Educational Qualification and Work Experience page, click on the ADD button after filling all details to add details. Multiple entries can be done. This data can be edited by click on the EDIT button and can be deleted by click on the DELETE button.
- In the Upload Photo/Signature page, select the images and click on the UPLOAD button to upload the images. Click on SAVE button to complete your profile.
- APPLICATION SUBMISSION
- Go to www.tpsconline.in and log in.
- After Successful login, the Home page will be displayed. Click on the Online Application button to View all available TPSC Advertisements to apply.
- To apply for any advertisement, click on “Click Here to Apply”
- On clicking “Click Here to Apply”, if all criteria of advertisement are matching with the candidate’s profile then the application form will be displayed. The application form will fetch the candidate’s all required information from the candidate’s profile.
- Check all information displayed in the application form. Fill all questions asked (if any), place and date. After checking all information from the application form, click on Submit button to submit the form.
- After application submission, the candidate has to pay application fees in MyApplication link.
- On click of Submit button and Successful application submission, it will display a message with Transaction Id. Click on OK to proceed.
- PAY APPLICATION FEES
- After successful application submission, the candidate should go to My Application.
- Click on the drop-down list and select Year & Post Name of Examination for which candidate wants to pay the fees.
- On selection of Examination Type, all applied advertisement list will be displayed. To pay the fees, click on the Pay Now button.
- On click of Pay Now, the candidate will be shown the Modes of Payment. The candidate should pay the fees and complete the application process.
- After successful payment, the Payment status of Examination will get changed to Paid.
- The Status “Paid” indicates the Completion of the Application Submission Process.
Scheme for Tripura civil service Preliminary Exam
- The Preliminary Examination will consist of only one paper on “General Studies”.
- Exam Type: Objective Type consisting of 200 Multiple-Choice Question.
- Marks: Each question will carry 1 mark.
- Duration: Two and a half (2½) hours.
- The standard of the paper: Graduate Level.
The paper will include questions covering the following field of knowledge:
|General Knowledge & Current Events Of Local, National & International Importance.||30|
|History of Modern India and Indian National Movement for the period 1857 to 1947.||20|
|Geography of India||20|
|Geography, History & Culture of Tripura||15|
|Indian Polity and Economy||25|
|General Science and Environment||25|
|General Mental Ability||20|
Tripura civil service syllabus for the Preliminary Examination
|English Composition||Question on English Composition will cover Synonyms, Antonyms, use of common Phrase & Idioms., use of appropriate Prepositions and Articles, Comprehension, Ordering of words in a sentence, Ordering of sentences, spotting of errors, use of appropriate and qualifying words etc.|
|History of Modern India & Indian National Movement for the period 1857 to 1947||A broad general understanding of the subject in its Social, Economic and Political aspects will be emphasised. Questions on the Indian National Movement will relate to the nature and character of the Nineteenth Century resurgence, growth of Nationalism and attainment of Independence.|
|Geography of India||Questions will relate to Physical, Social & Economic Geography of the country including the main features of Indian Agriculture and Natural Resources.|
|Geography, History & Culture of Tripura||Emphasis will be on Tripura’s natural resources with special reference to its soil, forest, water and power.|
The period from 1857 to 1949 will be considered for the setting question on History of Tripura.
There will be questions on different Tribes, Languages, Customs, Festivals, Important Historical sites etc.
|Indian Polity and Economy||This section will test the knowledge of the candidates in Country’s Political system and Constitution of India, Panchayati Raj, Community development, Economic development during Plan periods|
|General Science and Environment||This section will cover general appreciation and understanding of science and environment including matters of everyday observation and experience along with general awareness of Information & Communication Technology as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any particular scientific discipline.|
|General Mental Ability||Questions will be set on logical perception, understanding, natural conclusion etc.|
|Numerical Ability||Will be similar to that the Compulsory Mathematics paper at the Madhyamik Examination of Tripura Board of Secondary Education|
Any clarification regarding the online application form can be obtained by calling the phone number below or by sending an E-mail to the address given below:
|Help Desk Telephone||0381-2325811, 07640988316, 08794982012|
|Help Desk Efirstname.lastname@example.org|
Brief History of Tripura Public Service Commission (TPSC)
Article 96C of the Government of India Act,1919 was the first to incorporate the provision for the constitution of a Public Service Commission in India. The next notable step for formulating the terms and principles of the Public Service Commission was the constitution of the “Lee Commission” in 1926. The Lee Commission also recommended the establishment of Provincial Public Service Commissions for different provinces and states of India. The Tripura Public Service Commission was established on 30th October 1972 under the provisions of Article 315 of the Constitution of India after Tripura attained its statehood on 21st January 1972. Sri G.P.Bagchi was the first Chairman of the Tripura Public Service Commission assisted by the first member Sri I. K. Roy. The Commission at present is headquartered at the old Assembly House of Tripura located at Akhaura Road, Agartala.
Functions of TPSC
Government of Tripura consults TPSC In all matters relating to the recruitment of civil services and other posts of the Government as per Article 320, Part XIV of the Constitution of India. The Tripura Public Service Commission discharges the duties and functions as specified in its Regulations. The main functions and duties of the TPSC are:
- To Recruit for Civil Services and Civil posts by:
- By Direct Interview;
- By Examination followed by Personality Test / Viva- Voce;
- By Screening Test followed by Interview;
- To conduct the Tripura Combined Competitive Examination for Recruitment to miscellaneous posts;
- To Conduct of Departmental Examination / Pre-Promotional Examination;
- To Conduct of U.P.S.C. Examination at Agartala Centre.
- The Tripura Public Service Commission is consulted by the Tripura Government:
- On all matters relating to methods of recruitment of Civil Service and for civil posts of the State Government;
- On the principles to be followed in making appointments to Civil Services and posts and in making promotions and transfers from one service to another and on the suitability of candidates for such appointments, promotions on transfers;
- On all disciplinary matters affecting a person serving under the Government of the State in a civil capacity, including memorials on petitions relating to such matters;
- On any claim by or in respect of a person who is serving or has served under the Government of the State in a civil capacity, that any costs incurred by him in defending legal proceedings instituted against him in respect of acts done or purporting to be done in the execution of his duty should be paid out of the consolidated fund of India, or as the case may be, out of the Consolidated Fund of the State;
- On any claim for award of a pension in respect of injuries sustained by a person while serving under the Govt. of India or the Government of a State, in a civil capacity, and any question as to the amount of any such award.
- It is a duty of the Commission to advice on any matter so referred to them.