UPSC CDS (II) Exam 2021 Notification – 339 Posts. Check Notification PDF, Age Limit, Salary, Eligibility, Selection Process, Qualification, Reservation, Exam fees and application process. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) invites applications for the COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICES EXAMINATION (II), 2021 including SSC WOMEN (Non-Technical) Course. Eligible candidates can check all relevant details and Apply online.
Full Notification – UPSC CDS (II) Exam 2021 Notification
Important Information and Dates
|Recruiting Agency||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Name of Exam||UPSC CDS (II) Exam 2021|
|No. of Posts||339|
|Application Start Date||04-08-2021|
|Application and Fee Last Date||24-08-2021 ( Up to 6:00 P.M.)|
|Challan for Pay by Cash Last Date||23-08-2021|
|Withdrawal of applications||31-08-2021 to 06-09-2021 (till 06:00 PM)|
UPSC CDS (II) Exam 2021 Notification Vacancy Details
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||153rd (DE) Course commencing in July 2022|
[including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC `C’
Certificate (Army Wing) holders]
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||Course commencing in July 2022 Executive Branch|
[including 03 vacancies for NCC ‘C’ Certificate
(Naval Wing through NCC Special Entry ) holders ]
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||(Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in July 2022|
i.e. No. 212 F(P) Course.
[including 03 vacancies are reserved for NCC `C’
Certificate (Air Wing) holders through NCC Spl. Entry]
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai||116th SSC (Men) (NT) (UPSC) Course commencing|
in October 2022
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai||30th SSC Women (NT) (UPSC) Course|
commencing in October 2022.
UPSC CDS (II) Exam 2021 Notification Eligibility Criteria
Minimum Educational Qualifications
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai – Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy – Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution.
- For Air Force Academy – Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Candidates who are in the final year/semester Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided
- They should not have any present backlog upto the last semester / year for which results have been declared upto the time of submission of application and
- They will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination at the time of commencement of course.
Age Limit for UPSC CDS (II) Exam 2021
- IMA: Unmarried candidates must have been born not earlier than July 2, 1998, and not later than July 1, 2003
- INA: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than July 2, 1998, and not later than July 1, 2003
- AFA: Between 20 and 24 years as on July 1, 2022. They must have born not earlier than July 2, 1998 and not later than July 1, 2002.
- The upper age limit of candidates with valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs.
- OTA (SSC Course for men): Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than July 2, 1997 and not later than July 1, 2003
- OTA (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees who have not remarried are eligible. They must have born not earlier than July 2, 1987, and not later than July 1, 2003.
A candidate must be either:
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India,
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
UPSC CDS (II) Salary
The starting salary will be approx. INR 56100/-. The Military Service Pay (MSP) to the officers from the rank of Lieutenant to Brigadier is a fixed amount of Rs 15,500 per month.
How to apply
- Candidates can apply online using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in.
- CDS application form have to be filled in two stages: Part I & II
- In Part I basic information such as Personal Details, Address, Details of Educational Qualification and choice of branches has to be filled.
- In Part II candidate has to pay the exam fees, select the exam centre, upload photo, signature and photo-identity document and signing of the decleration has to be completed.
- Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above-mentioned website.
- The applicants are advised to submit a single application; however, if due to any unavoidable situation if he/she submits another/multiple applications, the application with the higher RID will be considered.
- Candidates will have to submit the attested copies of the following documents to the Commission soon after the declaration of the results of the Written Examination.
- Certificate of Age.
- Certificate of Educational Qualification.
- Certificate in support of the claim to belong to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, Economically Weaker Section(EWS) wherever applicable.
- Certificate in support of claim for age/ fee concession, wherever applicable.
- After the declaration of the results, successful candidates will be intimated by the Commission and they will have to submit a Detailed Application Form (DAF) online and upload the scanned copies of the above mentioned certificates to the Commission at that time.
|General and all other||Rs. 200/-|
- Fee can be paid online through Net Banking, Credit/Debit cards.
- Online fee can be paid by the candidates through Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking Payment mode up to 24.08.2021 (18:00 hours).
Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay‐in slip during Part‐II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of the SBI Branch on the next working day.
Pay by cash mode option last date: 23-08-2021 (11:59 PM ) i.e. one day before the closing date
- Fee once paid shall not be refunded nor will it be adjusted against any other examination or selection.
Scheme of UPSC CDS (II) Exam 2021
- The Competitive examination comprises:
- Written examination as shown below.
- Interview for intelligence and personality test.
- The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed, and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows:
(a) For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:
|1. English||2 Hours||100|
|2. General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
|3. Elementary Mathematics||2 Hours||100|
(b) For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy: :
|1. English||2 Hours||100|
|2. General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
- The maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews will be equal for each course i.e. the maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews will be 300, 300, 300 and 200 each for admission to the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers’ Training Academy respectively.
- The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only.
- The question papers (Test Booklets) of General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.
- Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. Scribe to write answers not allowed.
Combined Defence Services Syllabus
ENGLISH (Code No. 01)
The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE (Code No. 02)
General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on the History of India and the Geography of nature which candidates should be able to answer without special study.
ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICS (Code No. 03) ARITHMETIC
Number System—Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers. Fundamental operations, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, Square roots, Decimal fractions. Unitary method, time and distance, time and work, percentages, applications to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation.
Elementary Number Theory—
Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11. Multiples and factors. Factorisation Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm. Logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.
Basic Operations, simple factors, Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M., Theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns—analytical and graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear inequations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions. Set language and set notation, Rational expressions and conditional identities, Laws of indices.
Sine X, cosine X , Tangent X when 0° < X < 90° Values of sin X , cos X and tan X , for X = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° and 90° , Simple trigonometric identities. Use of trigonometric tables. Simple cases of heights and distances.
Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on
- Properties of angles at a point,
- Parallel lines,
- Sides and angles of a triangle,
- Congruency of triangles,
- Similar triangles,
- Concurrence of medians and altitudes,
- Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square,
- Circles and its properties including tangents and normals,
Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book), Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, surface area and volume of spheres.
Collection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts etc. Measures of central tendency.
INTELLIGENCE AND PERSONALITY TEST
The SSB procedure consists of a two-stage Selection process – stage I and stage II. Only those candidates who clear stage I are permitted to appear for stage II. The details are:-
- Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on combination of performance in OIR Test and PP&DT.
- Stage II Comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference.
- These tests are conducted over 4 days. The details of these tests are given on the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
UPSC CDS (II) Exam Centres 2021
|ANANTPUR (ANDHRA PRADESH)||ITANAGAR||RAJKOT|
|GAUTAM BUDDH NAGAR||NAVI MUMBAI||WARANGAL|
If a candidate does not receive his/her e‐admit card or any other communication regarding his/her candidature for the examination three weeks before the commencement of the examination, he/she should at once contact the Commission. The following numbers can be contacted for enquiry
Over telephone: 011‐23381125/011‐23385271/011‐23098543 on working days between 10.00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M.
In-person: UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near gate ‘C’ of UPSC office in Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi – 110069
Important Links for UPSC CDS (II) Exam 2021
|UPSC CDS (II) Exam 2021 Notification PDF|
|Pay Online Fee|
Latest Graduate Jobs 2021
- AU Group A B C Recruitment 2021| 412 Posts Important Details.
- SSC Selection Phase 9 Various Post Recruitment 2021 | 3261 Vacancies Important Details
- UPPCL Camp Assistant Recruitment 2021 | 49 Posts Important Details
- DSE Assam Graduate Teacher Recruitment 2021- 6296 Vacancies Important Details
- NHPC Recruitment 2021 – 173 Vacancies Important Details
- UKPSC RO ARO Recruitment 2021 | 17 Vacancies Online Application Important Details
- Allahabad HC Computer Assistant Recruitment 2021 |15 Vacancies Important Details
- Allahabad HC RO ARO Recruitment 2021 | 396 Vacancies Important Details
- Union Bank Specialist Officer Recruitment 2021 | SO and Fresh Graduates 347 Vacancies Important Details.
When can I apply for UPSC CDS (II) Exam 2021?
The Online Applications can be filled from 04-08-2021 to 24-08-2021
What is the application fees for UPSC CDS (II) Exam 2021?
Application fees are exempted for Women/SC/ST/PwD
The application fees for General and all other candidates is Rs. 200/-
What is the exam pattern for UPSC CDS (II) Exam 2021?
The written examination and to the interviews will be 900 and 200 each for admission to the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers’ Training Academy
What is the educational qualification required for the UPSC CDS (II) Exam 2021?
For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai – Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
For Indian Naval Academy – Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution.
For Air Force Academy – Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.